Tuesday Dinner????
  Re: (...)
Well, a night off for me - we'll be eating somewhere in Tacoma tonight. We're off to start looking for another 5th wheel, we want to downsize from what we have now. Really thought we would spend more time and longer time on the road, but since we're not we don't need this big a rig. But, oh I will miss this kitchen - I spent almost 3 years finding it! oh well, I spend most of the time cooking outside anyway.

Anyway, back to food - what are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by cjs (Well, a night off fo...)
I have two zuchinni on the counter that came home from camping with us. I should use them, but it's only two and I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas??
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by farnfam (I have two zuchinni ...)
I'm planning to make the bricked orange glazed chicken from one of the grilling books.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by HomeCulinarian (I'm planning to make...)
Well, the three books I ordered came yesterday so now I've got a lot of recipes at my finger tips. The ancho chile chicken w/black beans and yellow rice looks good. The orange/fennel chicken with kalamata mashed potatoes looks good. The chicken caccitore w/parmesan polenta looks good. And the chicken stuffed with spinach, tomatoes and swiss with a side of sauteed spaghetti w/garlic & chives looks good as well.

I'll probably make all of these within the next 10 days or so.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by Trixxee (Well, the three book...)
Well, I'm doing a rerun of the French Onion Salisbury Steak, but it was SOOO GOOD! I think I'll double it up so I can freeze for school.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by Trixxee (Well, the three book...)
Quote:

And the chicken stuffed with spinach, tomatoes and swiss with a side of sauteed spaghetti w/garlic & chives looks good as well.

where is this recipe? It sounds especially yummy.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It's from Cuisine at Home for Two. Here you go:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Poultry Pockets with Spinach, Tomato, and Swiss

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups fresh spinach
salt and pepper -- to taste
2 chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- pounded to 1/4" thick, seasoned
2 tomato slices -- 1/2" thick
2 slices swiss cheese -- 1 1/2 ounces
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Saute spinach in 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until wilted; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a apaper towel-lined plate and blot dry to remove excess moisture.

Layer a tomato slice, cheese slice, and 1/2 the spinach on 1 sice of each prepared chicken breast. fold other side of breast over filling to enclose, and secure with toothpicks.

Saute pockets in 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and saute on the other side 2 minutes, then transfer pan to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and transfer pockets to a plate. Return pan to the burner over high heat.

Deglaze pan with vinegar, reduce by 1/2, then drizzle sauce over chicken.

Source:
"Cuisine for Two p. 20-21"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 725 Calories; 37g Fat (46.9% calories from fat); 86g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 248mg Cholesterol; 446mg Sodium. Exchanges: 11 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.

Serving Ideas : Serve with 4 ounces cooked whole wheat pasta tossed in a not pan with a little oil and 2 cloves garlic, sliced. Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped chive.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0

I didn't type up the pasta, but all you do is heat a non-stick skillet and toss in cooked and drained pasta (4 oz.) with two cloves garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss until warmed through and serve with chopped fresh chive.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by Gourmet_Mom (It's from Cuisine at...)
Thanks, Daphne. I do have that book, I have no idea why I haven't noticed that recipe before. Now that I am looking at the pictures, it looks even better! I think this will be what we are having tonight. I knew it had to involve chicken because we have been eating a lot of pork and beef lately. Unusual for us.
Darn it! Now that chicken paillard with caprese salad is tempting me too!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by chef_Tab (Thanks, Daphne. I do...)
Theresa - the chicken paillard recipe was very good. And healthy!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner???? by Gourmet_Mom (It's from Cuisine at...)
Thanks, Daphne, that really looks good - I am going to have to break down and buy these other Cuisine cookbooks - you guys are always talking about "this and that" and making me and Mister hungry!!! Again, thanks for posting this one -