Turkey Tenderloin?
  Re: (...)
How hard are these to find in your area? Granted, I haven't actually officially looked yet but I honestly don't remember seeing them readily available at the grocery store. Turkey breast, turkey slices, etc. But not the tenderloin.

Am I just going to be on a wild goose, I mean turkey chase?
  Re: Turkey Tenderloin? by Trixxee (How hard are these t...)
Surely you'll find them. I found them with the fresh chicken in vacuum seal packs at our Food Lion in town. Granted, I had to get them injected with either garlic and herbs or applewood smoked, but they were pretty good. I think they were a Jenni-O brand, but not sure. At least, I THINK you've got Food Lion down there. Either way, I don't think you'll have as much trouble as you think.

If you do have trouble, I have another idea. I was just looking at a thread on another site about cutting back on food costs. Somebody advised buying a whole turkey and breaking it down...that or a turkey breast. That would work, and look at all the things you could do with the rest of the meat...grind it, cook and shred it, smoke it....you get the picture. As a matter of fact, this may be a healthier option over injected tenderloins.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Turkey Tenderloin? by Gourmet_Mom (Surely you'll find t...)
Actually we don't have Food Lions. We've got Stater Bros, Vons, Ralphs & Albertsons. Hopefully I will find one - a plain one! There is a recipe in the grilling book for slices of the tenderloin wrapped in bacon and served with cornbread dressing. That just sounded so good and different for us. We usually don't do turkey except around the holidays. Never have grilled any part of it.

Thanks Daphne.
  Re: Re: Turkey Tenderloin? by Trixxee (Actually we don't ha...)
Oh well, good luck. I think I'm gonna get a turkey this weekend and put some stuff in the freezer for use after school starts. This must be in the Grilling book I don't have. If you don't mind, I'd love to have the recipe. Anything's better with bacon...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.