A Tip For Cake Bakers
  Re: (...)
I got really tired of my cake layers doming, so thought I'd try those straps that you wrap around the cake pan that's supposed to keep them from doing that...well, heavens to Betsy, they work! I now have flat layers for my cakes and don't have to fill in with frosting...although I do like the extra frosting
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by bjcotton (I got really tired o...)
I have used them in the past when I made wedding cakes and they really do the job. I never got in the habit of using them on my day-to-day cakes, but If having flat even layers is important to you they are the answer!
Shirley
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by smschwag (I have used them in ...)
Ok well for Cake Bakers another tip..watch your spelling, spacing colors I found this blog a while ago and haven't stopped laughing since

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by DFen911 (Ok well for Cake Bak...)
Just one more gadget for me to purchase-----

I will when I'm in the States---any clue as to where these may be available??? Haven't been there in a while and I know there are tons of new cooking shops! :question:
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by Roxanne 21 (Just one more gadget...)
Roxanne, you may not have to wait til you get to the US if you do mail order shopping. Check out this Amazon page
http://www.amazon.com/Regency-RW1250-Cak...B000H97QJC
Shirley
  Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by bjcotton (I got really tired o...)
I love those cake strips (when I remember to use them!). I'm curious about the new gold-touch pans at Williams-Sonoma, I had someone tell me that they're really great for flat tops on round cakes. Just what I need, another reason to shop for kitchenware!
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by DFen911 (Ok well for Cake Bak...)
Quote:

Ok well for Cake Bakers another tip..watch your spelling, spacing colors I found this blog a while ago and haven't stopped laughing since

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

OMG, Denise, that is too funny! My cats must think I am totally nuts now, sitting here laughing like a fool. I especially like some of her narrative. I posted this on my facebook page.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The one that put me over the top was on page 3 I think...the "watermelon" cake. I got to laughing so hard here in my office my eye makeup washed away

Oh but there's more CAKE
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by DFen911 (The one that put me ...)
Hahahahaha. I like the sexual harassment one. I still haven't seen them all though. Thanks so much for sharing this. It is hilarious.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: A Tip For Cake Bakers by chef_Tab (Hahahahaha. I like t...)
those are how most of my cakes look...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com