Ultimate Italian
  Re: (...)
This a Better Homes and Gardens special interest publication for 2008. Could be the best cookbook we ever picked up in a grocery store!! Really more creative than you would expect from BH&G. Look for it!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Ultimate Italian by Old Bay (This a Better Homes ...)
I bought one of theirs in 2005 (Simply Perfect Italian), and love it. There was a section on Vicki Sebastiani (Viansa Wineries, as well as one from Lidia Bastianich. It is such a fabulous magazine, I had wanted to give some as gifts, but never saw it again. saw it again. I'll look out for the one you bought. Thanks, Bill.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Ultimate Italian by Lorraine (I bought one of thei...)
"(Simply Perfect Italian)" I have and love this one also, thanks to Lorraine!

Will look for it Bill - and thanks!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ultimate Italian by cjs ("(Simply Perfect Ita...)
I saw it at Sam's and didn't even scan it. Now I will... Thanx for the recommendation.
I also saw it at Sams Club yesterday. Now I'll have to pick one up next time I'm there.
rosie
Looked at Costco today and they didn't have it...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Ultimate Italian by esgunn (Looked at Costco tod...)
I just saw it at the grocery store the other day and almost picked it up, but was in a hurry. I'll be getting it later this week. Thanks Bill! We LOVE Italian.

BTW, my store had two with a similar name from BH&G. I'm gonna look over the other one also. Also, I think I finally figured out that the Sizzle book I got earlier in the summer was a BH&G special publication. Looks like they've got a good thing going.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ultimate Italian by Gourmet_Mom (I just saw it at the...)
Do you mind if I ask how much? I've found it online and I want to make sure it's a good deal.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ultimate Italian by farnfam (Do you mind if I ask...)
Gosh, I'm sure the "powers that be" around here are THRILLED to see us discussing a publication of their "rivals"...hehehe!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Ultimate Italian by farnfam (Do you mind if I ask...)
I paid $7.99 CDN for mine in 2005. I thought it steep, but it was well worth it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.