Mahi-Mahi...
  Re: (...)
We have a ton of this stuff at work thanks to the previous Chef and the new Chef gave me a few pieces to take home and play with and lucky for me a repeat of Dinner:Impossible came on last night with Mahi-Mahi so I had it for lunch today with this Chef Robert Irvine recipe:

Mahi-Mahi with Orange Beurre Blanc Sauce

Serves:
8 servings

Marinade and fish:
2 fresh limes
8 (6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup tequila
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons butter

Orange Beurre Blanc Sauce:
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into cubes

Microwave limes in a small bowl to release essential oils. Since these will be hot coming from the microwave, set them aside until just cool enough to handle. Season fish with salt and pepper and place in a non-reactive container for marinating. Squeeze lime juice over fish and add rinds to the bowl. Pour tequila over fillets, cover and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

About 20 to 25 minutes before mealtime, prepare orange beurre blanc by combining orange juice and wine in a saucepan and simmering on medium heat until reduced by half the volume. Stir in heavy cream, bring to a gentle simmer, and allow to reduce and thicken over low heat. Stir in parsley and set aside briefly in a warm place.

Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan and add butter. Sear marinated fillets flesh side first, leaving undisturbed for at least 2 to 3 minutes to allow the surface to begin to caramelize and prevent tearing of the fish. Flip over to sear the skin side. Allow to cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until flesh springs back when gently prodded. Remove to a tray and let rest.

Whisk butter into sauce just before serving and spoon over and around the fish.

It was awesome and is what I am recommending to my Chef when I go back to work Friday afternoon!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Mahi-Mahi... by firechef (We have a ton of thi...)
I bet that is awesome, really. Mmmm.
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by Trixxee (I bet that is awesom...)
does sound very good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by cjs (does sound very good...)
I'll be saving this one! Thanks LJ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Mahi-Mahi... by firechef (We have a ton of thi...)
That sounds really good. I'm not wild about mahimahi but this sounds like something I'd love.

Hey beurre blanc makes everything good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by Harborwitch (That sounds really g...)
I think it would go well with halibut if you don't like mahi mahi. A local restaurant here serves a very similar sauce with halibut.
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by Trixxee (I think it would go ...)
Did anyone else ever make this? Going to try it tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by Trixxee (Did anyone else ever...)
Well, that was quite a jolt to see his name!! No, never made this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by cjs (Well, that was quite...)
Me neither. But I would prefer a grapefruit flavor over orange.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mahi-Mahi... by Gourmet_Mom (Me neither. But I w...)
Grapefruit would be great! Unfortunately Tony can't have it due to one of his medications. Now I wish we were having this tonight instead of steak. Tomorrow!