Review- Beet Tabouleh
  Re: (...)
The beet tabouleh is in our latest issue, Feb'09. I made this today to have with a roasted chicken for dinner. It is wonderful! The only thing is, I think I misinterpreted the recipe and soaked 2 cups of bulgar when I probably should have soaked less to make 2 cups soaked. I ended up adding more of everything else to compensate. It really is delicious and full of fiber. It will be great to pack into my lunches.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Review- Beet Tabouleh by chef_Tab (The beet tabouleh is...)
Theresa, I have yet to try bulgar. I'm thinking since we are not HUGE beet fans this would not be the one, but I want to try it. I have had tabouleh before, but was not HUGE on it, so could you recommend a good "starter" recipe for bulgar. The one I tried was a chopped salad...not bad, just not something I was dying to try at home. I know this is something we should have in our diet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review- Beet Tabouleh by Gourmet_Mom (Theresa, I have yet ...)
Whole grains are something some people love and others hate. I liked this particular recipe because so many tabbouleh recipes have a lot of oil in them. As I was eating this I did think how wonderful it would be with asparagus. I think if you subbed in asparagus for the beets, it would be great. If you are uncertain, you may cut the recipe in half. We have a ton left. I ate some for dessert last night.
Theresa

Re: Re: Review- Beet Tabouleh by Gourmet_Mom (Theresa, I have yet ...)
One suggestion for starting you off on bulgar, Daphne, you might try substituting bulgar for couscous in a recipe you especially like.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review- Beet Tabouleh by cjs (One suggestion for s...)
I just found this recipe on epicurious. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks good.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...les-243188
Theresa

Re: Re: Review- Beet Tabouleh by chef_Tab (I just found this re...)
Theresa, those really look interesting!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review- Beet Tabouleh by cjs (Theresa, those reall...)
Madmax is on a Bulgar kick and looking at this thread, I remember wanting to make it, but never did. The mag. is out on the counter now!! It does sound good.
www.achefsjourney.com