Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review
  Re: (...)
Tonight we had Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia with Hot Orange-Ginger Sauce and Mandarin Spinach Salad. This is a fun and very tasty dish to make. The rub adds a lot of flavor to the fish, but the sauce just puts it over the top. Really good, especially with the salad. We will definately make this again and gave it an 8+.

[Image: Pan-SearedFive-SpiceTilapia.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by Mare749 (Tonight we had Pan-S...)
Now, I could swear that I replied to this a short while ago...

MaryAnn, what a beautiful meal! I just can't get into five-spice powder. Was the star anise flavor very dominant?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by foodfiend (Now, I could [i]swea...)
That looks good. Is it in the most recent issue?
  Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by foodfiend (Now, I could [i]swea...)
We didn't really think so, Vicci, but then that orange ginger sauce is so hot it probably covered it up. It really was tasty though and a nice "light" meal.

Jeanette, this was in the most current issue that I have which is issue 73.
Maryann

Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by Mare749 (We didn't really thi...)
Looks great, Maryann - I've not made anything from that issue as yet. Love 5 spice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by cjs (Looks great, Maryann...)
I had a feeling this would be a keeper. Thanks for the review and your presentation looks lovely!
  Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by Trixxee (I had a feeling this...)
Thanks for the review, we love tilapia.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by Lorraine (Thanks for the revie...)
Thank you Trixxee, I'm always self-conscious about posting my pictures. Never think the presentation looks nearly as good as some of the others on here. But, it was a nice meal and I wanted to let everyone know.
Maryann

Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by Mare749 (Thank you Trixxee, I...)
Oh pooh, Maryann - I'd sure order that dish from your restaurant.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pan-Seared Five-Spice Tilapia Review by cjs (Oh pooh, Maryann - I...)
Thanks Jean. I wouldn't have thought about it except my sweet adoring husband walked into the kitchen and asked me what happened to the pretty salad that had been sitting on his plate (that I had carefully arranged for the picture then remembered that I forgot the dressing)
Maryann