Meatball Recipe Help!
  Re: (...)
I know someone, somewhere here, posted a recipe for making the C@H meatballs. It called for about 3 lbs of meat, then you divided it in three, and added different seasonings to each baqtch depending on what recipe you were using it for. Then it gave you a few different sauce recipes. I've searched, and can't find the thread. If anyone can find it and post the link, thank you!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by Lorraine (I know someone, some...)
that was Erin, Lorraine - I'll be right back... here you go.
But I guess I didn't make note of the issue number.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Three-Way Meatballs

Set out 3 medium-large bowls. In each bowl place:
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 3 slices of bread torn into small pieces)
1/3 cup finely shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
---------
For Traditional Meatballs add to one bowl:
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-------
For Italian-Style Meatballs add to second bowl:
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dry Italian herb blend
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
---------
For Asian-Style Meatballs add to the third bowl:
1/3 cup sliced green onion
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger

Mix each bowl of ground beef with seasonings using a wooden spoon or hands.
Set aside two bowls of ground beef mixture in refrigerator to keep meat cold.

Shape meat in third bowl into 1-inch meatballs. (A mini ice cream scoop works well.)

To bake: Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil for easy clean up.
Place meatballs 1/2-inch apart on prepared pan.
Bake 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Cool 20 minutes.
To freeze:
Place meatballs in a single layer in 2 quart-size FoodSaver® Bags.
There will be about 30 meatballs per bag.
Label, vacuum package and freeze.
Each bag of meatballs will make one dinner recipe
To thaw frozen meatballs when ready to use:
Thaw in refrigerator overnight, or immerse sealed bag in cold water until thawed, or cut corner of bag and defrost in microwave on defrost setting for 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are slightly soft.

Description:
"To prepare Master Recipe allow about 4 hours, including bake time."

Serving Ideas : Use for: Meatball Mushroom Stroganoff,

Ginger Noodle Bowl with Asian Meatballs, Cheesy Layered Meatballs and Ziti, Quick Italian Meatball Sandwich

Note: If you don't have time to form all of the meat mixture into meatballs, it can be vacuum packaged raw and then frozen. Be sure to label the bag with the amount, flavor, and date. When ready to use, thaw in refrigerator then shape into meatballs. Bake as directed. (See step 4 above.)
------
Serving Ideas : Use for: Meatball Mushroom Stroganoff,

Ginger Noodle Bowl with Asian Meatballs, Cheesy Layered Meatballs and Ziti, Quick Italian Meatball Sandwich

NOTES : If you don't have time to form all of the meat mixture into meatballs, it can be vacuum packaged raw and then frozen. Be sure to label the bag with the amount, flavor, and date. When ready to use, thaw in refrigerator then shape into meatballs. Bake as directed. (See step 4 above.)

Cheesy Layered Meatballs and Ziti
30 Italian-Style Meatballs (one FoodSaver® Bag)
6 cups cooked tube pasta such as ziti or rigatoni (about 8 ounces dry)
2 cups prepared marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

To make the casserole now:
Thaw meatballs in refrigerator overnight or immerse sealed FoodSaver® Bag in cold water until meatballs are thawed, or cut corner of bag and defrost in microwave on defrost setting for 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are slightly soft.

Combine meatballs, pasta and marinara sauce.
Spread half the meatballs and pasta mixture in a 2 to 3-quart baking dish or pan.

Layer 1 cup of the shredded cheese and all the cottage or ricotta cheese over meatballs and pasta. Top with remaining meatballs and pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese and the Parmesan cheese.

Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15-20 minutes until heated through. Makes 6 servings.

To make the casserole and freeze for future use:
Do not thaw meatballs. Line a 2-quart baking dish or pan with aluminum foil, allowing foil to hang over edge. Combine frozen meatballs, pasta and marinara sauce. Follow directions above for assembling casserole.

Cover pan tightly with foil or plastic wrap. Freeze several hours or until firm.
Lift out of pan with aluminum foil. Place into a gallon-size FoodSaver® Bag. Vacuum package, label and return to freezer.

To thaw, remove from FoodSaver® Bag and return to the same pan. (Leave foil on for easier clean up, if desired.) Place in refrigerator overnight or up to two days.

Bake covered with foil at 375 F for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15-20 minutes until heated through.

"This tasty casserole can be prepared and eaten right away, or vacuum packaged and frozen for future use. Serve steaming hot with fresh Caesar salad and garlic bread."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This casserole can be made directly after the master recipe meatballs are cooked. Either bake right away and enjoy, or vacuum package the entire casserole and freeze for future use.
-------

Ginger Noodle Bowl with Asian Meatballs
30 frozen Asian-Style Meatballs (one FoodSaver® Bag)
8 cups chicken broth or 8 cups water plus 3 tablespoons dry chicken bouillon
1 piece fresh ginger thinly sliced -- (1/2 inch)
8 ounces dry angel hair pasta -- broken in half
1 1/2 cups frozen peas

Bring chicken broth and ginger to a boil. Add meatballs, pasta and peas; return to a boil. Boil 4-6 minutes or until pasta is done and meatballs are heated through.

"This super-fast, light meal uses your prepared meatballs right from the freezer--unthawed. Serve hot soup with stir-fried broccoli or bok choy with sesame seeds."

Meatball Mushroom Stroganoff
30 Traditional Meatballs (one FoodSaver® Bag)
3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cup beef or chicken broth (one 14.5oz can)
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Hot cooked noodles

Thaw meatballs in refrigerator overnight, or immerse sealed bag in cold water until meatballs are thawed, or cut corner of bag and defrost in microwave on defrost setting for 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are slightly soft.

Heat butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour until combined. Add broth.

Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until sauce is thickened. Stir in meatballs, sour cream and mustard. Cook over medium heat until meatballs are heated through.

Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Serving Ideas : Use beef broth or chicken broth for the creamy mushroom sauce.
Serve with steamed green beans or peas.

Serving Ideas : Here is the three-way meatball recipe and the meal recipes. I thought they needed just a little more seasoning - salt. This recipe called for 3/4 tsp per 2 lbs of beef and the C@H recipe calls for 1 tbsp per 2 lbs - same with pepper. If I wasn't making for kids I would add red pepper flakes too. The flavors of the Asian were very good. I can't wait to dress up the noodle bowl a little and find other ways to incorporate the meatballs into asian dishes. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'll let you know how the meals go, as we try them. I ended up dividing each recipe into 3's. So I now have 9 packages of meatballs in the freezer.

Description:
"Erin/esgunn posted this 2/6/07", cuisineathome" recipe"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by cjs (that was Erin, Lorra...)
Well, phoey! Here I was looking for the thread and came on to post it, and you sneak in again and post it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by Gourmet_Mom (Well, phoey! Here I...)
Daphne, you know you have to move fast to beat the old broad...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by cjs (Daphne, you know you...)

Thanks, folks. My sister's daughter and DIL recently had babies, so she's stocking up their freezers. They will be very happy.
  Re: Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by Lorraine ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Lorraine, Those are good recipes. I do like this Asian Meetball recipe better though...And to be honest I also use the C@H basic meetball for the italian version. But we love the meetball stroganoff. So easy. Don't forget meatloaf freezes really well.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Asian Chicken Meatballs

Recipe By :Rachael Ray
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
2 garlic cloves -- chopped
2 tablespoons chopped ginger root
2 scallions -- finely chopped
1 small red pepper -- 1/4 finely chopped,
and the remainder thinly sliced
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (Chinese style bbq sauce)
Salt -- to taste
Coarsely-ground black pepper -- to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine chicken, garlic, ginger, scallions, finely chopped red bell
pepper, hoisin and salt and pepper.

Roll meatballs into the size of 1 to 2inches.

Place meatballs on a nonstick cookie sheet and coat lightly with
vegetable oil, about 1 1/2 tablespoons. Roll balls around with your
hands to gently coat with the oil.

Roast the meatballs 10 to 12 minutes in a very hot oven.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by esgunn (Lorraine, Those ar...)
Ooh! Getting out my chopsticks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Meatball Recipe Help! by esgunn (Lorraine, Those ar...)
Thanks, I sent her this one also.