Pineapple Crisp
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by BarbaraS (I know, but I didn't...)
That sounded a little snotty, didn't it, Barbara - didn't mean to. But, I would say if pineapple not available, I wouldn't make this dessert. Really, it is worth wating for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by cjs (That sounded a littl...)
Just had to bring this back to the top, again.

Yesterday, my mom made a peach crumble from a recipe she got from I don't know where. That evening, she sent me a message saying that it was the most horrible thing she had ever made and that she would never make it again.

I thought she was just joking (you know: "horrible," [takes another spoonful], "terrible," [takes another spoonful], "worst ever," [downs the whole thing]), so I called her, figuring she'd let me in on the joke and tell me how wonderful it really was.

Well, she wasn't joking. She said the she and my dad couldn't even finish the portions she had served, let alone want to finish the rest of it, so she took the peaches out of it and cleaned them off to try to salvage them in something else.

Given how poorly that had gone, I sent her this pineapple crisp recipe and told her how much I loved it and what a stellar track record it has among the members of this forum.

She already had all the ingredients, including the fresh pineapple, so she made it tonight and, when I checked my email upon getting home, I found a message from her that said, "Pineapple Crisp: Wow!"

So, there's yet another success story for this delicious dessert.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by BarbaraS (I know, but I didn't...)
Yes!!! This is soooo good!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by luvnit (Yes!!! This is soooo...)
That's great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by cjs (That's great!...)
Yep! This is a definite keeper. And it will be on the Father's Day menu!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Gourmet_Mom (Yep! This is a defi...)
Good Lord, 11 pages to this thread!! I still have 1/2 a pineapple from last weekend that I have to use or throw....

And, thought of this one, but can't find it in my files. It is save now!!! We're in trouble now.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by cjs (Good Lord, 11 pages ...)
Yum - this one was so much fun! We loved it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Harborwitch (Yum - this one was s...)
This may have to be our next splurge! We LOVE this stuff!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Gourmet_Mom (This may have to be ...)
When my aunt and uncle visited my mom, recently, my mom made the pineapple crisp for dessert and they loved it.

So far, I haven't met anyone who has disliked this dish.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by labradors (When my aunt and unc...)
I am making this one today! I have a very ripe pineapple just waiting to turn into a crispy delight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura