Pineapple Crisp
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Harborwitch (All I have to say is...)
Roy finished it up last night and said, "it's got to be healthy...it's fruit so we should be able to have it often" yeah, right.

Barbara, pineapple is probably my favorite fruit - next to bananas, but like you I have to be careful how often I eat it also. EXCEPT when Mattie (my son) & Wendy bring us pineapple from Hawaii - I can eat as much of those as I want, or they bring!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by cjs (Roy finished it up l...)
Jean, you'd love the bananas and pineapples here, since they aren't picked so extremely early for shipping purposes. Thus, they are really sweet and even more delicious. You'd also like the fact that pineapples are often just one dollar apiece, and I've seen bananas sold for as low as seventeen cents per pound!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by labradors (Jean, you'd love the...)
Yes, I would!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pineapple Crisp by cjs (I was afraid this wo...)
Why oh why did I pass up the fresh pineapple at the grocery store yesterday? He will love this one. Thanks, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Harborwitch (All I have to say is...)
Quote:

All I have to say is that whoever posted this recipe is an "evil evil evil person".

I couldn't agree more!! I made the crisp this afternoon and it's AWESOME!! The Hubby is getting the Head Cold From Hell that I had last week, but could really smell this baking. Next time, I will not use a super-ripe pineapple. When I picked out the center leaves for doneness, they came out beautifully. Next time, one with a little tug, but not much.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Mine just came out of the oven. Boy, are we going to have a hard time staying out of it until dessert time. It looks so incredibly good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Mare749 (Mine just came out o...)
I must confess, I ate two spoonfuls before dinner last night. It is great. I agree with Jean, cut the pineapple into smaller chunks. I did not read that comment until later and regretted it. Still tastes fabulous, just cumbersome to eat.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by chef_Tab (I must confess, I at...)
Oh my, that was just way too good! Thank God it's all gone, because I know I'd be picking at it until it was. The family was over tonight and one of the girls brought a super premium vanilla ice cream to have a scoop with the pineapple crisp. Just amazing. They will be wanting this one again soon.
Maryann

Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by cjs (Roy finished it up l...)
Jean we ate it in two sittings. I did cut the pineapple in smaller pieces - I used my pineapple peeler/corer/slicer thing. Lordy this is good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pineapple Crisp by Harborwitch (Jean we ate it in tw...)
I forgot to mention that I took Jean's suggestion to cut the pineapple smaller and it was just delicious. My dad who loves pineapple was very happy with the dessert. However, he did mention that it would be even better with a little oatmeal in the topping, the way I do apple crisp. So, may try that next time. Oh yes, there will definately be a next time...
Maryann