Old, old Recipe
  Re: (...)
but it turned out o.k. - I ran out of time to test it for the last 'one' but here it is all updated using parchment paper instead of waxed papers.

uh, guess what else I was testing at the same time -
[Image: angelcakebare.jpg]

and frosted -
[Image: angelcake.jpg]

This is one of the tastiest desserts I've ever had...

After we slice it, I'll take pictures again, it's really pretty then.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Old, old Recipe by cjs (but it turned out o....)
It looks fantastic - can't wait to see it sliced - by the way - what is it?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by esgunn (It looks fantastic -...)
It's called Angel Roll...recipe coming.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by cjs (It's called Angel Ro...)
Oh my! That already looks incredible! I can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my! That already...)
And the cocktail?
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by DFen911 (And the cocktail? [i...)
Me thinks the lemonade made posting a pic of the finished product and the recipe too challenging..LOL! Maybe tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by DFen911 (And the cocktail? [i...)
Yes, too many lemonades....Hic....
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Old, old Recipe by cjs (but it turned out o....)
And you say you're not a baker. Looking forward to the recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by esgunn (Yes, too many lemona...)
My, that lemonade is so good!! thanks Denise, I think. And the pizza for dinner was easy - as Daphne says, can do it blindfolded!

[Image: angelroll2.jpg]

Angel Roll

This dessert is one of the prettiest and tastiest you will ever make ~ and on top of that, it’s so easy to put together. The roll only takes half the batter, so I bake the remaining batter in muffin tins with paper liners.

1 pkg. White Angel Food Cake Mix
Filling:
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
3 T. cocoa
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Frosting:
1 cup heavy cream
3 T. sugar

Grease the bottom of a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan; line with parchment paper, grease again. Prepare angel food mix as directed.

Turn 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan; spread to corners. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Cool
5 minutes.

Invert onto a towel that is dusted with confectioner’s sugar; carefully peel away the parchment paper. Rolling with the towel, start with the long side and roll up (enclosing the towel in the rolling). Set aside.

Combine the filling ingredients and beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully unroll the cake and spread the inside of the cake with the filling. Roll the cake again, leaving the towel behind. Carefully place roll on a serving platter.

Combine the frosting ingredients and beat until stiff peaks form; frost the cake and chill until ready to serve.

CJ’s tip: If you have access to an electric knife, it will make slicing the cake much easier. If not, use a serrated knife and using a sawing motion, don’t press down too hard. Wipe the knife off with each slice for a prettier presentation.

Leftover Angel Cupcakes

Preheat oven to 325° F.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners; fill with batter and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool. Cupcakes will last in an airtight container up to
2 days.

For a filled cupcake: After cupcakes have cooled, using a wooden skewer, poke a hole in the top of each cupcake. Using a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/4” tip, pipe about 1 T. of fruit jelly into each cupcake.

To finish off the cupcakes, drizzle a little glaze over making sure the skewer hole is filled with some of the glaze.
Glaze:
1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 T. butter, melted
1 T. water

In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients whisking together well.

--------
[Image: angelroll3.jpg]

Wish the pictures had turned out better, but you get the idea. What I did wrong was I used a half sheet pan instead of the size called for and the difference, although not that much, really made a difference in the thickness of the roll - it's usually larger.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Old, old Recipe by cjs (My, that lemonade is...)
Quote:

Wish the pictures had turned out better...

Are you kidding? The pictures are great! Love that platter, too!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?