Lemon Bars
  Re: (...)
Okey Gnocchi was kind enough to drop off some sinful lemon bars this afternoon. I think she is trying to get me fat. She got the recipe from Ina Garten's Parties cookbook. I thought I would share the recipe because they are deliciously tart and lemony.....and all of you need to go down with me

Lemon Bars
Ina Garten
makes 20 squares, or 40 triangles

For the crust:
1/2 pound unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups AP flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

For the filling:
6 exlg eggs
3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest, 4-6 lemons
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup AP flour

confectioner's sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 350.

For the crust: cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt. With mixer on low, add flour to butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten dough with floured hands and press into a 9x13x2 baking sheet, building up a 1/2 inch edge on all sides. Chill.

Bake crust 15-20 mins, until lightly browned. Let cool on wire rack. Leave oven on.

For the filling: whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30-35 minutes, or till filling is set. Let cool to room temp.

Cut into squares or triangles and dust with confectioner's sugar.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Lemon Bars by chef_Tab (Okey Gnocchi was kin...)
Yum, love Lemon Bars!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lemon Bars by bjcotton (Yum, love Lemon Bars...)
Me too! Thanks Theresa!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lemon Bars by Mare749 (Me too! Thanks The...)
I love lemon bars and have to agree Ina's are tops in my list. Easy and the curd is soo good.
  Re: Re: Lemon Bars by Cubangirl (I love lemon bars an...)
I think I've made these too - and we also love lemon desserts!!! good to bring to the front of our minds.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com