Recipe?
  Re: (...)
Somebody posted a recipe or mentioned a recipe for a beef stir fry or Asian noodle thing recently and I can't find it. I'll continue my search, but if you find it first, would you post a link here? It was NOT C@H recipe and definitely not the Beef Bourbon Noodle Bowl someone reviewed as a disappointment.

Off to search some more...trying Asian this time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (Somebody posted a re...)
Daphne, I think it was either Theresa or Trixxee who made it, then Jean mentioned it again just the other day and she was making it also. Now I'm kicking myself for not copying it down, it did sound good.

Edited to add: It was Trixxee and it was some kind of Asian Beef and Noodles, but when I did a search, it did not match.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipe? by Mare749 (Daphne, I think it w...)
Is this it?

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe..._id=222657
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Recipe? by chef_Tab (Is this it?[br][br][...)
I think you are right about the recipe. I found that one, but thought there was another. I'm trying to come up with some sort of stir-fry or lo mien dish for dinner. I'm going to look at Jean's with the chicken, too.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (I think you are righ...)
The one I just put up was posted by Trixxee about a week ago. I have not tried it yet. The lo mein that Jean posted is a staple here now. I never get sick of it, but must confess, I like it with tofu better than chicken. I also use bean sprouts instead of the sugar snaps.
Theresa

Re: Re: Recipe? by chef_Tab (The one I just put u...)
It looks like a basic recipe. I think I'm going to do a beef version and sub beef stock for chicken and use onions, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, and maybe peas. I got cabbage, but I think I'll just stir fry that separately and serve on the side or save for something else. I think it would be too much with the other veggies. Now to decide whether to use the Ramen noodles I bought or spaghetti noodles. Those were my only choices here.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (It looks like a basi...)
The oriental slaw that my friend Laura made last night was fabulous. It uses cabbage and ramen noodles. Do you want that recipe too? It would be like a salad side dish.
Theresa

Re: Re: Recipe? by chef_Tab (The oriental slaw th...)
Since I'm doing fried rice as well as the stir fry with lots of veggies, I'm going to save the coleslaw mix for later this week and do the Chinese Coleslaw. Thanks for the idea!

I know...lo mein AND fried rice? But William loves it so. That's probably all he'll eat. That's fine, more stir fry for me!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I'm doing frie...)
Trixxee posted one that I tried last week - here it is, but I was uncomfortable with the sodium content using one of the packets of seasoning, so I'm making it again with some leftover Flank steak I have and making my own seasoning. I almost always have cabbage and carrots, so used that instead of a coleslaw mix.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Easy Asian Beef and Noodles

1 rib - eye steak -- (8-ounce)
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil -- divided
1 cup sliced green onions -- (1-inch)
2 cups prepackaged coleslaw
2 packages beef-flavor ramen noodle soup (such as Campbell's) -- (2.8-ounce)
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce

Trim fat from steak; cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove steak mixture from pan; keep warm. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil until hot. Add slaw; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove slaw from pan; keep warm.

Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning packet for another use. Add the water and remaining seasoning packet to pan; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.

Description:
"Cooking Light - Trixxee posted this 3/9/09"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe? by cjs (Trixxee posted one t...)
I saw that one, but I wound up using your Chicken Lo Mien. I found wide lo mien noodles in the cabinet, subbed top round for chicken and sliced it and the yellow pepper and onion instead of cutting into chunks, added some broccoli and subbed beef for chicken broth. It was awesome! I'll be making this often with a better cut of beef and will try it with chicken as well. As a matter of fact, I'm emailing the recipe to DD and her BF. He got a wok for Christmas and loves to make Chinese. Using chicken, and shopping at the Asian market, they should be able to have a really big meal cheap!
Daphne