Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005
  Re: (...)
This was and still is one of my dad's favorites, as well as my two daughters who enjoyed these regularly when they were growing up. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pineapple Bars

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup nuts (we like walnuts) -- chopped
1 small jar pineapple preserves

Mix together butter and sugars. (I use a pastry knife/cutter thingy) Sift together and stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in oatmeal and nuts. Place 2/3 of mixture in greased and floured 9X13 pan. Press and flatten with hands over bottom. Spread with pineapple preserves. Sprinkle balance of crumbs on top and press. Bake in 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by Mare749 (This was and still i...)
Thanks Maryann. One thing the 800 lb gorilla likes is pineapple desserts.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by bjcotton (Thanks Maryann. One...)
I hope he likes them, Billy! That was one of my mom's recipes. They are a bit sweet, but still pretty good for breakfast, if you can tolerate all the sugar.
Maryann

Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by Mare749 (This was and still i...)
Quote:

Pineapple Bars

Now I know where to go to pick up single pineapples.

As much as I love pineapple, I've had a lot of pineapple desserts that really left a lot to be desired. In most cases, I wound up wishing I just had the original, fresh pineapple, and nothing else. These bars DO sound interesting, though, and I do plan to try them, but I want to do the crisp first. Still a few days before I'm less busy, and can give it a shot.

One more note: when I DO make this, I shan't use nuts, but SHALL use the local pineaapple/jalapeño preserves. Otherwise, there's only one other brand of pineapple preserves here, and the jalapeño one is MUCH better.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, but you have to use some kind of nuts, Rob! We happen to like walnuts, so that's what we use, but you can probably sub just about anything. Surely, there must be some nut that you like?
Maryann

Re: Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by Mare749 (Oh, but you have to ...)
There are two kinds of nuts that I like: Cashews and Macadamias (yes, I know - "champagne taste on a beer budget"), but (with the exception of White-Chocolate-Macadamia-Cookies) prefer them just by themselves, rather than in things. If someone had already made the bars with nuts, I would try them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to put the nuts into something when I make them for myself.
  Re: Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by labradors (There are two kinds ...)
I guess Rob is nutty enough. Why add more?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Pineapple Bar recipe for Grammy2005 by chef_Tab (I guess Rob is nutty...)
Quote:

I guess Rob is nutty enough. Why add more?

I rest my case. LOL!