I think we've gone over the limit????
  Re: (...)
When we moved in here there was a badly mauled orange tree, and a lemon that had been pruned nearly to death, and the banana trees.

The banana trees took a big hit in the frost and we're hoping they come back. But in the meantime we have planted our Bear's Lime, Kaffir Lime, a blood orange, a "pink lemonade" lemon, and a Kudota fig. I thought we were all done with trees - shoot; we're about out of room.

We ran out to Costco today - needed a few things, and there it was - the only one, a Buddha's hand Citron tree - loaded with blossoms. Of course it came home with us! Sheesh. We're going to have citrus like mad! I hope
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by Harborwitch (When we moved in her...)
We have a two year old Meyer lemon--first blossoms now!!!! 36 degrees tonight--hope it survives--first fruit ever this year if it works!! Limits are only in your mind.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by Old Bay (We have a two year o...)
Quote:

I think we've gone over the limit????

Excuse me, Ma'am. I'll need to see your citrus-hunting permit.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Nah, you haven't rototilled up the front and back lawns YET!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by bjcotton (Nah, you haven't rot...)
Now don't be givin' Bob ideas. I am thinking a nice big avocado tree in the front yard!

I don't know what kind of lemon we have, but it's getting lots of blossoms, the lime is loaded, and all the others have some.

Even the tomatoes are blossoming! We even put in a tomatillo and it has flowers.
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by Harborwitch (Now don't be givin' ...)
The only thing of mine that is blossoming is the Santa Rosa plum. There was one frost before the blossoms opened, but apparently it didn't hurt them. I read that if it freezes, the first thing to do in the morning is spray the tree liberally with water. That will melt the ice and the blossoms should be okay. The last two years we've only had 2 plums make it...two each year that is. It's loaded with blossoms again this year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the hose handy.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by bjcotton (The only thing of mi...)
Good Luck with your plums Billy, it got down to 32 last night and we have a dusting of snow this morning. Just crazy weather.

Sharon, I am so envious! I would just go nuts buying citrus trees if they would grow! We did just expand our asparagus bed, and I am off today to buy some more blueberry plants. I am never satisfies either...
Raspberries,boysenberries, marrionberries, strawberries, huckleberries, blueberries, apples, pears, peaches, just bought a grape vine, and there is still 2 months before we can set out the vegetables.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by esgunn (Good Luck with your ...)
All your plantings sound wonderful... We woke up to snow on the ground this morning! Fortunately, it's already melted, but the temps are in the 30s. Supposed to be in the 50s by midweek. We're gearing up to plan our garden for this year. No room for berries and citrus won't thrive here. Oh well.
  Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by Harborwitch (When we moved in her...)
Lucky you, Sharon, none of that will ever happen here, although it is nice to dream of having all that in your back yard! We only have 3 seasons here, snow, mud and the 4th of July

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I think we've gone over the limit???? by pjcooks (Lucky you, Sharon, n...)
Sort of like us huh - drought, forest fires, earthquakes, & floods.

Ever hopeful! The Buddha's Hand and fig say to protect from winter winds - uh, what about spring gales????

Hey - Billy we dug a hole in the back lawn yesterday! Ooops!