Pickled eggs
  Re: (...)
Can anyone share their recipe/method for making these?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Pickled eggs by Mare749 (Can anyone share the...)
Well, I'll start the ideas for you - there are so many recipes around. This one is really good, we think; I've done it for catering jobs and they have gone over very well.

PICKLED EGGS

1 cup tarragon vinegar
1 cup water
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
12 hard-cooked eggs, shelled

In pan, combine first 7 items.
Bring to boiling; simmer 30 min. Cool.
Pour over eggs in crock, jar or bowl.
Cover; refrigerate 2-3 days.

Description:
"Serve whole or halved as an appetizer or relish. Also good to just have a jar of them in the frig for nibbling."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pickled eggs by cjs (Well, I'll start the...)
In my house it ain't pickled eggs unless it has beets in it!

Speaking of pickling, anybody ever do what we call "Polish caviar" around here? Ring bologna cut up with sliced onions in vinegar?
  Re: Re: Pickled eggs by iBcookin (In my house it ain't...)
Thanks for the recipe, Jean. That one is different from any of the others I've seen. Will definately be trying that one.

"Polish caviar" I've never actually tried it, but a very dear old friend of my husband's used to make that, as well as a lot of other good things. Stanley is gone now, but Ron used to make sausage with him every year. His wife made the best pierogis and also cabbage and noodles. Wonderful people, boy do we miss them!
Maryann

Re: Re: Pickled eggs by Mare749 (Thanks for the recip...)
I don't remember the name 'Polish Caviar,' but I do remember eating that - wow, a long, long time ago.

Remember the days of ring of bolgna being a big part of dinner? When I had just one or two kids, I remember fixing ring of bologna, fried potatoes and onions and creamed corn - one of my favorite everyday dinners. I bet I haven't done that in 40 years!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pickled eggs by cjs (I don't remember the...)
I never had ring bologna until meeting Ron, but his mom cooked a meal just like that, Jean. I'll have to surprise him one day and make it for him.
Maryann

Re: Re: Pickled eggs by Mare749 (I never had ring bol...)
Every now and then I get a hankering for ring bologna and do it with the fried potatoes and onions, as well. I guess I could never come up with something else creative to serve with it, LOL! We used to boil it, but then it looked so dog gone obscene it wasn't something I served often. My guys were never that crazy for the stuff anyway. Plus, back her it is pretty pricey for what you get.

However, it WOULD go good with the horseradish!!
  Re: Re: Pickled eggs by iBcookin (Every now and then I...)
Polish caviar (known as pickled Polish here...after the main ingredient--Polish sausage) is a Cape Breton staple. I don't happen to care for it but you can't walk into any deli without seeing it for sale. Pickled eggs seem to be quite popular as well.

I'm an Ontario gal...not big on either of these two items. But I do LOVE pickled beets.
  Re: Re: Pickled eggs by Chefelle ( Polish caviar (know...)
Ok Pickled Eggs are two words I just don't see going together.
  Re: Re: Pickled eggs by DFen911 (Ok Pickled Eggs are ...)
Well, Denise, I never thought so either, but one time after a couple of beers my hubbie got me to try them and I was rather surprised.
Maryann