Grilled Pizza
  Re: Re: Grilled Pizza by Mare749 (Daphne, I really sho...)
"He topped each bun with a olive oil, a large tomato slice, and salt before baking." doesn't that sound delicious?? will have to try that. (added to the recipe )

Maryann, I must say that darn pizza recipe will probably be an on-going piece of work forever!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Pizza by cjs (Beth, this is the on...)
Well I have to say, I tried this recipe last night. I made a triple batch of dough because I usually have unexpected guests. We made individual pizzas to everyone's taste. It was a huge hit with all. My only problem was getting the top of the pizza to brown without burning the bottom. I solved this by popping them under a preheated broiler for a couple minutes. So if anyone has a better solution for this, please let me know.

I have some leftover dough I put in the fridge. I was going to freeze it for later use but decided to make focaccia to go with our spaghetti tonight. I may post later to let you know how it turned out. I am sure someone has done this with pizza dough before, and with the herbs already incorporated into the dough I just had to give it a go.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: Grilled Pizza by iCook (Well I have to say, ...)
The top will heat/melt nicely on the grill, but it won't brown, so you'd have to use the broiler or a torch I guess for that effect - as you did.

I make bread/rolls/focacia out of the pizza dough quite often and love it - the flavor is great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Pizza by cjs (The top will heat/me...)
There you are. That was close. I almost posted right on top of you...LOL!

Except I was going to ask what she meant about browning the top?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.