Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments?
  Re: (...)
I have the pasta roller and meat grinder. Love them both. Last week I purchased the slicer/shredder. What a disappointment this was. The fine shredder is absolutely worthless and all I got was mush. On top of that, the barrel got stuck so tight I couldn't remove it. Ron finally got it unstuck, I cleaned up the whole mess and took the attachment back. Has anyone else had better luck with this?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by Mare749 (I have the pasta rol...)
I have the pasta roller and the grinder also. I have been VERY pleased with the pasta roller. I have not used the meat grinder that much, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by Gourmet_Mom (I have the pasta rol...)
I have the grinder and use it all the time. I also have the ice cream attachment, but just use it for when I'm catering and need two batches close together. that's all I have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by cjs (I have the grinder ...)
I only have the pasta roller and meat grinder. I never considered the shredder, as I could never even get a consistent product using a food processor.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by Mare749 (I have the pasta rol...)
My (then) husband bought me the shredder-slicer when he bought me my KA,and I had the same result as you. Back into the box, back to the store.

Never tried anything else, though.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by pjcooks (My (then) husband bo...)
I got a combo attachment pack - it has the food grinder/slicer shredder/and fruit and vegetable strainer.

I think I have used the fruit and vegetable strainer the most.

I also have the pasta roller and the ravioli maker. I have only used the ravioli maker once. It is cool, but is difficult to use.

I have used the slicer/shredder once or twice but that is it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by Lorraine (I only have the past...)
I use the meat grinder (ground and chili grind)--LOVE them-also like the pasta roller--just bought the sausage stuffer--haven't tried it yet. Don't have anything else.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by Old Bay (I use the meat grind...)
Oh, yes, I do have the sausage stuffer and use it with the grinder. But, I use the grinder for making my ground beef (chuck & boneless short ribs) the most.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by cjs (Oh, yes, I do have t...)
We just bought the meat grinder. My husband used it right away grinding a chuck roast for meatloaf. He said it worked great.
  Re: Re: Does anyone use KitchenAid attachments? by Trixxee (We just bought the m...)
Oops, I've got the sausage stuffer also. Didn't mention it as I always think of it as part of the grinder.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.