Cis's Italian Bread Recipe
  Re: (...)
I've got the recipe and made it, but I can't remember why the flour is listed twice. It calls for 1 pound and then 12 oz. Can someone help me out with this? I could have sworn I saved the original thread, but can't find it. Meanwhile, I'll keep searching.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Cis's Italian Bread Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (I've got the recipe ...)
Okay...this is what happens when you're not paying close attention. Please disregard this thread The recipe I was looking at was not for Cis's Italian Bread...LOL! Got it!

Jean feel free to delete this whole thread, please...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cis's Italian Bread Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Okay...this is what ...)
No no I think we should leave it up
  Re: Re: Cis's Italian Bread Recipe by DFen911 (No no I think we sho...)
I guess you're outvoted dear - Denise, make her another shooter (and one for me)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cis's Italian Bread Recipe by cjs (I guess you're outvo...)
Is it time for wine yet????

GEEZ! Well since we're leaving it up, I'll ask you two this. Jean and I once had a discussion about this bread before.

Jean, you once said you had Gisslen's book, but your recipe didn't have molasses in it. I've about decided the two amounts of flour are for making a poulish. I saved the thread, but wouldn't you know, this old thread won't come up on the "revised" forum. One more complaint about that place.

What do you guys think?

Italian Bread

Recipe By pastrygal
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Baked Goods

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
16 oz water -- @120°
1/3 oz dry yeast
3/4 tsp molasses
1 lb bread flour -- or KA All purp flour is fine
12 oz bread flour -- or KA All purp flour is fine
1/2 oz salt

In glass measure, add water and molasses. Stir to combine. Add dry yeast and whisk to mix. It will bubble after a few mins. That's how you know the yeast is alive. You can add 1 oz oil to this if you want.

Put flour and salt, whisked to combine, in mixer. Slowly add wet ingred and mix on low until wet incorporates into dry. Knead by hand or in mixer until glutin strands are long. Ferment about 2 hrs./ doubled in size. Make up loaves, rolls whatever and proof another hour. Bake at 425. Steam first 10 mins.

Source:
"This is Wayne Gisslen's recipe and it's never failed me yet."

BTW, Cis's Italian Bread is rising for use in the review dinner. I thought it would be a nice compliment to the recipe. What do you guys think?
Daphne