Grilled Polenta
  Re: (...)
Just received a newsletter from about.com-BBQ & Grilling ( Derrick Riches) and this side dish sounds really good. I'm not a big fan of store bought polenta, so would probably make some up and chill it. I have 3 or 4 recipes using chilled polenta, so could find lots to do with a whole batch.

Grilled Polenta Cakes with Fontina Cheese

1 package precooked polenta about 24 ounces
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 pepper flakes

Preheat grill for medium heat. Combine tomatoes, salt, pepper flakes, and parsley in a small bowl. Cut polenta into 12 slices. Brush with olive oil and place on grill rack. Cook on direct heat until one side is golden brown. Turn slices, place grated cheese on top and grill polenta for an additional 5-6 minutes. Remove polenta from heat and top off with tomato-herb topping.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Grilled Polenta by cjs (Just received a news...)
How about giving us a recipe for your polenta ?

and what else we can do with it.

I have only made it once from scratch but throughly enjoyed it.

My Mom would make fried Mush! and at that time we wouldn't try it.

Silly Kids.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Grilled Polenta by mjkcooking (How about giving us ...)
Funny, I was involved in a search of all the things I said I would "try" this summer and discovered a conversation about my grandmother's fried cornbread and mentioned I still haven't tried frying polenta...and here you are grilling it...LOL! I see a large batch of polenta in my near future!

Copied and saved and added to the list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Grilled Polenta by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I was involve...)
I will post it and give you the dishes I love to do with set polenta - as soon as I do my 'today's list' for Saturday's party. be back soon
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com