can you freeze pizza dough
  Re: (...)
Hi! I'm currently making the basic pizza dough recipe in an older issue of Cuisine at Home. The recipe makes enough for 3 pizzas, but I'm only making 1. Can I freeze the other 2....if so, any recommendations? Thanks!
  Re: can you freeze pizza dough by twig93 (Hi! I'm currently m...)
I'm pretty sure you can...just thaw overnight in the fridge when you're ready to use.

From Jean's Pizza Dough recipe...which is awesomely good, BTW: "For individual pizzas - divide dough into quarters or thirds. Either freeze, refrigerate till needed, or top immediately with toppings of your choice."

And don't forget to use the pizza "pillows"!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: can you freeze pizza dough by Gourmet_Mom (I'm pretty sure you ...)
Twig,

Welcome to the Cuisine at Home forum. For your first question, you asked the same thing I did when I first joined the forum. Cool!

The answer is "yes," as Daphne has already mentioned. What I do, since I sell eight-inch individual pizzas to friends and other locals, is to par-bake the pizzas then freeze them whole so that the baking can be completed when they come out of the freezer. The dough recipes can vary as to how they turn out that way (some get rather hard during the rest of the baking), but try it with some of the recipe you are already using, and see how it turns out.

BTW, the "pillows" to which Daphne referred goes back to a much earlier discussion in this forum, when pretty much everyone who tried it agreed that we prefer to use diced cheese instead of grated or shredded cheese, since it melts well enough for coverage, but also makes these wonderful "pillows" of melted cheese. Give it a try!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Quote:

Hi! I'm currently making the basic pizza dough recipe in an older issue of Cuisine at Home. The recipe makes enough for 3 pizzas, but I'm only making 1. Can I freeze the other 2....if so, any recommendations? Thanks!

Absolutly!! We have pizza parties and freeze 10-12 "balls" a week ahead of time. I think you should use them within 2 months.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: can you freeze pizza dough by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was kinda iffy about it at first, until I checked Jean's recipe. The reason being, I have frozen pizza and pasta dough and knew ONE didn't work out that good. The one that didn't work out for me was the pasta.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: can you freeze pizza dough by Gourmet_Mom (I was kinda iffy abo...)
Every Sunday night is Pizza Night, here. I usually make a double recipe every two weeks, halve the dough, use one half for dinner and wrap the other tightly in plastic, then foil, and freeze until the following week.

I've found that flattening the pizza dough into a disc and freezing it, rather than forming it into a ball, is preferable because the dough thaws more quickly and is in a perfect shape for just patting it out into a crust once it is thawed.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: can you freeze pizza dough by foodfiend (Every Sunday night i...)
Hi, Twig. Welcome to the forum and let us know how your pizza turns out.
Welcome to the forum! I do freeze pizza dough often and it works out just great. No special tricks, just wrap tight and freeze.

Hope you'll be back! Best of luck to you, although you will not need it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: can you freeze pizza dough by luvnit (Welcome to the forum...)
I apologize for not adding my welcome to the neighborhood, Twig!! welcome. Love having pizza dough in the freezer at all times for quick pizzas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com