Update on Our Friend, Bill
  Re: (...)
Talked to his wife yesterday and it's not good at all - it is in stage 4 already and he is on oxygen and whatever drugs and how ever much it takes to keep him comfortable. He's not lucid all the time, so we are hoping it doesn't go on for too long and Joycie will be able to keep him home. His son is coming today, so we'll probably head over this afternoon. I'm so trying to remember when we get there to just go where he is, that's what we had to do with my Mom for a while. I can't believe how fast this is taking him, even while I know in the long run, it will be easier (easier????) geez.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Update on Our Friend, Bill by cjs (Talked to his wife y...)
Thanks for letting us know, Jean. Will be keeping you close in thought, and prayers for Bill and his family. I'm so sorry you are going through this so soon after all the sadness you have had this past year. Take good care.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Update on Our Friend, Bill by Mare749 (Thanks for letting u...)
Oh Jean, I'm so sorry. Please know you and your friends remain in my prayers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
So sorry--cancer is so ugly and random--it scared John Wayne "the Big C"-He made "The Shootist" when he knew he was incurable. Bill's cancer came after him big time--who knows why? We will pray.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
I'm so sorry, Jean.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Update on Our Friend, Bill by pjcooks (I'm so sorry, Jean.[...)
Oh Jean There are no words to express my sorrow for you and your friend. All I can do is offer my support. I wish I could be there for you.
  Re: Re: Update on Our Friend, Bill by DFen911 (Oh Jean [img]/ubbthr...)
Jean a big [[[[[HUG]]]]] to you. I am so sorry. I will continue to keep Bill and his family in my prayers.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Jean,

I'm so sorry to about your friend. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Update on Our Friend, Bill by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]I'm so ...)
Thanks everyone, last word (5 minutes ago) is that he still is hanging in and won't give up. I just wish he would. We'll see him tomorrow if he's still with us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Update on Our Friend, Bill by cjs (Thanks everyone, las...)
Jean,

My Hubby just lost his brother last Wednesday. It was not expected. We'll be taking him to his family this coming week.

There is something about expecting versus the unexpected.

I pray for your impending loss and that it will be merciful.

My thoughts are with you. God Bless and take care.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.