Romesco
  Re: (...)
So I just love this sauce. And because of that I thought I'd share my recipe for it cause you can just taste all the flavors as you read it and it might be one of those things that someone is thinking "Man what I am I going to make tonight or serve with this fish?"

Sauce
3 large plum tomatoes
2 large red bell peppers
1 medium onion (unpeeled)
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 dried ancho chile
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
1 slice wheat bread, toasted, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon pimentón or other imported sweet paprika (see note below)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes, bell peppers, and onion in small baking dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Roast until partially charred, turning every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes. I do my tomatoes/onions in the oven but I do my peppers right on the burners.

Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add chile; fry until darkened and slightly puffed, turning once, about 30 seconds. Transfer to small bowl. Add enough hot water to cover. Let stand 30 minutes.

Peel and seed ancho chile, tomatoes, and bell peppers; place in blender. Peel onion; coarsely chop and add to blender.

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds; sauté until lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer to blender. Add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, vinegar, bread, and paprika to blender; blend to coarse puree. Transfer to bowl; season with salt. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
  Re: Romesco by DFen911 (So I just love this ...)
Wow, I can see why. This sounds fabulous. Thanks Denise!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Romesco by Mare749 (Wow, I can see why. ...)
Aha! and I just happen to have lots of fish in the freezer and all the ingredients. Darn, I was going to have crockpot tomorrow, now let's see!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Romesco by cjs (Aha! and I just happ...)
Thanks Denise. I haven't had fish in a while! I'll have to give this a try!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.