What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to today?

No idea here yet!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
It's Homecoming here today. Going to the game at 11 AM and thinking about putting a chicken in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I have the book called Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook and am looking at the Slow Cooker Lemon chicken wiht Potatoes and Mushrooms sounds good.

Supposed to have a freeze overnight here, so we'll be bringing in what's left of the tomatoes and peppers this afternoon, too.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by HomeCulinarian (It's Homecoming here...)
Today will be the vindaloo that I didn't get to make yesterday. Everything is all set for it! Can't wait!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by labradors (Today will be the vi...)
Labs, do you remember Clive's Vindaloo?? I never got it made, but it sure looked good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by cjs (Labs, do you remembe...)
I have no idea what to make yet. But this vindaloo has peaked my interest. I will have to look it up. Sounds interesting.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by cjs (Labs, do you remembe...)
Even though I have chicken thawed, I'm leaning toward pizza tonight instead of tomorrow night. I know one pizza will be the Reuben, but I can't decide between a Tomato Feta, Canadian Bacon Pineapple, or a Chicken Club. With the employee AND OS home, I may make three. Decisions, decisions!

Make that four....Cherry/Cream Cheese Pizza for dessert!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by Gourmet_Mom (Even though I have c...)
Daphne, the Mtn. Mike's Chicken Club is wonderful!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by cjs (Daphne, the Mtn. Mik...)
I'm so mad! The local store didn't have corned beef! Good Grief!!! Sooo, I'm going to try the other kraut one. I think I've decided on the tomato feta (going to try it with goat cheese, cause it's what I have), a traditional sausage/beef, and the club. That ought to fill everyone up...LOL!

I also got the stuff to do the cherry pie/sweetened cream cheese! DROOLING!

BUT, I've decided to make this tomorrow...going with the Yakitori Chicken using the marinade from the Asian pork. I don't want to hold the chicken any longer. Oh well, that will just give my dough a rest time in the fridge...which usually works out better anyway.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so mad! The loc...)
I am not feeling well at all (though I think it's just a cold, not flu related), we even canceled our quick weekend camping trip. I thought I felt up to running into the store before but now I wish I hadn't. I feel even more tired now. I picked up a rotissiere chicken and two ears of corn and I'll throw a couple of potatoes in the oven. Healthier and cheaper than take out I figure.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 10/10 by Trixxee (I am not feeling wel...)
Feel better soon, Trixxee!!
www.achefsjourney.com