OT: Hurray! A successful trip
  Re: (...)
After a couple of things that turned out not to be problems, everything went well, and they did issue the visas - and for the longer time we had hoped, as well. In addition, they usually have a courier service send the passports, with the new visas, back to where the passport-holders can get them, but because of the current suspension of normal, non-immigrant visa services, they didn't have a representative of the courier their to arrange for the shipping, so they pushed things through so that we could just go back after a couple of hours to pick them up right there - all without missing our return bus trip!

Thank you for all your prayers.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by labradors (After a couple of th...)
Oh yes, this was a successful trip! How wonderful that it all went together, and in a shorter time frame than anticipated. Glad that you're all safe, too.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by foodfiend (Oh yes, this [i]was[...)
That's great news! Safe travels.
  Re: Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by HomeCulinarian (That's great news! S...)
Fantastic outcome!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by Old Bay (Fantastic outcome!!!...)
That's great news! Now, hopefully the rest of the journey will progress just as smoothly. Keep us posted.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by Mare749 (That's great news! ...)
good news.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by Mare749 (That's great news! ...)
Quote:

That's great news! Now, hopefully the rest of the journey will progress just as smoothly. Keep us posted.

The "journey" of treatment will involve (and has already involved) multiple trips to the States. As important as the travel has been for the last two years, it will be even more important over the next five years. After the next trip in January (which will be for almost two months), they want to see her every eight weeks, for one week, so there will be a LOT of back and forth.

On that note, if any of you have any Continental or Delta frequent-flyer miles that you wouldn't mind donating (every little bit from every possible source helps), please let me know in a PM, and I'll respond with the information needed to transfer the miles so we can accumulate them for Allis. Each round trip "costs" 35,000 miles, per person (thus, 70,000, since Allis is a minor, and her mother goes with her), but transfers don't have to be for the full amount - just as long as the miles are available before booking the flight. If you don't happen to fly, but do have an American Express card that earns its own kind of points, it is also possible to redeem points for miles on Continental, so that can also work.

Thanks, again, for all the prayers!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT: Hurray! A successful trip by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Great news! I'm so glad everything worked so smoothly. Sadly, I don't fly nor own a credit card. I wish I did! Well, maybe not so much on the credit cards...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.