RECIPE FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK - -
  Re: (...)
Does anyone remember the recipe for Fish Tacos? It had a mango jalapeno salsa and was delicious. I've lost the recipe and am about to be disowned by friends and family. Help!
  Re: RECIPE FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK - - by BevoDrace (Does anyone remember...)
Is this the article? Issue 62.
[Image: page-014-small.jpg]
I can post it later tonight if someone doesn't come along to post it for you sooner.
  Re: Re: RECIPE FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK - - by HomeCulinarian (Is this the article?...)
Seems C@H has done fish tacos a number of times - but here is one, is this the one??

Denise posted this one a few months ago.
For the Mango-Avocado Salsa—

Combine:
1 ripe yet firm mango, peeled, diced
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1 T. jalapeño, seeded, minced
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. cumin
Juice of one lime

Before Serving, Stir In:
1 firm yet ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
2 T. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro

For the Creamy Chipotle Sauce—
Stir Together:
1/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 t. sugar
1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
Juice of 1/2 lime

For the Fish Tacos—
Marinate in Lime Juice:
4 4 oz. fresh tilapia fillets, halved

Blend; Coat Fish in:
3 T. all-purpose flour
3 T. yellow cornmeal
1 t. chili powder
1 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. cayenne

Spray, then Oven-Toast:
8 7" corn tortillas

Serve with:
3 cups napa cabbage, shredded
Mango-Avocado Salsa and Creamy Chipotle Sauce

Preheat oven to 500° with racks on the top and bottom levels.

Combine mango, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeño, seasonings, and lime juice in a large bowl for Salsa. Let stand 10 minutes to blend flavors.

Before serving, stir in avocado and cilantro.

Stir all ingredients for the creamy chipotle sauce together in a bowl and adjust seasonings to taste. Let stand at least 10 min. to allow flavors to blend.

Marinate tilapia fillets in lime juice for 10 minutes, turning to coat. Place a baking sheet on each oven rack and preheat 5 minutes.

Blend flour, cornmeal, and seasonings in a shallow dish. Coat marinated fish on both sides with flour mixture. Remove a hot pan from oven and spray with nonstick spray. Place fillets on hot pan and roast on top rack 5 minutes.

Spray both sides of tortillas with nonstick spray. (Meanwhile, carefully turn fish over and return to oven 3–4 minutes.) Oven-toast tortillas on the second heated baking sheet after turning the fillets over. Toast tortillas just until they’re lightly crisp around the edges, 2–3 minutes.

Serve fish and tortillas with shredded cabbage, mango salsa, and chipotle sauce.

------
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: RECIPE FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK - - by cjs (Seems [url=mailto:C@...)
Oh gosh I had forgotten that recipe and those were so yummy!
  Re: Re: RECIPE FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK - - by DFen911 (Oh gosh I had forgot...)
Welcome to the forum, BevoDrace! You picked a great group to ask: there have been lots of Fish Taco recipes posted here, and a lot of us like them. Let us know how they turn out, then come on back and join us for more recipes and fun!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: RECIPE FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK - - by HomeCulinarian (Is this the article?...)
Ooh we had this it was terrific!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura