T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18???
  Re: (...)
Wow, another week gone and next week is the biggee!! We'll probably have leftovers, if anything. I'm doing a 'do' at one of the local wineries tonight - making two kinds of pizza in sheet pans for a tasting.

While I was testing what I wanted to make for tonight, we could not believe how wonderful Viognier is with just about every topping! Even the Gorgonzola and Beef (one I'm making) is best with this wine.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by cjs (Wow, another week go...)
we are having very red meat - some tiny tenderloins - rosemary cracked potatoes and English peas. Mister is really looking forward to this!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by (we are having very r...)
I bet he is! Tofu can't stand up to a nice juicy steak...even if it is small!

Funny, we're having almost the same thing. Tonight is our usual steak night, but it's raining and COLD....BRRRRRR! I think tonight is the night to try Denise's (or was it Cis?) trick on the griddle with garlic and rosemary. I had the butcher cut up three nice rib eye steaks about an inch thick....YUM! I picked up bakers, but after seeing your mention of the rosemary potatoes, I think I'll do the ones with rosemary, Dijon and Panko instead.....I just LOVE those flavors!

Good luck with the signing, Jean!

BTW, I'm officially on holiday!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by Gourmet_Mom (I bet he is! Tofu c...)
I thought it looked too early for a regular Friday, Daphne!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by cjs (I thought it looked ...)
Good thing we had steaks last night or I would be soooo jealous!

Tonight I am making the gumbo pot pie with puff pastry rounds from weeknight menus cookbook. I have made this before and we really enjoyed it. I also want to make the suggested side, apple cheddar salad, but if I do not get motivated soon, nothing is going to happen.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by chef_Tab (Good thing we had st...)
"apple cheddar salad" hope you make this one and let us know - I love that combination.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by cjs ("apple cheddar salad...)
I am heading to the kitchen to make Jean's pizza dough - pizza and a big salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by Harborwitch (I am heading to the ...)
Spaghetti Carbonara for tonight.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by labradors (Spaghetti Carbonara ...)
I somehow found the energy to make it all, with a bit of help from my daughter. We loved the apple cheddar salad, though I must admit, there was no cheddar, so the title is misleading. My older daughter hates cheese....I know it isn't normal. She hates whip cream, butter, and chocolate cake too. Makes me wonder if she really is mine. Hubby avoids cheese because of his high cholesterol, so we just left it out of the salad. The dressing was delicious, and the candied pecans made it perfect. Such a nice change.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/18??? by chef_Tab (I somehow found the ...)
no cheddar in apple cheddar salad? - well, gotta go check this one out.

O.K., shaved over the top - that sounds good. The vinaigrette sounds especially tasty also.

The pot pie looks good too!
www.achefsjourney.com