Look what I picked yesterday.
  Re: (...)
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5116/tn1.jpg

Cannot wait to make them for New year
  Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by piano226 ([url=http://img64.im...)
Marina, I'm so sorry but they look like potato chips to me!
(But I'm jealous of you being able to "pick" anything on December 29th... although I think that I still have arugula in my cold frame...)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by foodfiend (Marina, I'm so sorry...)
oops the image is not very good...they are Chantrelles mushrooms.
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by piano226 (oops the image is no...)
I thought that's what they looked like! WOW! And you foraged for them yourself? I have always been afraid to do that. One of these days I'm going to get a Extension agent out to the farm and help me identify "edible stuff".

What are you going to do with them?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by Gourmet_Mom (I thought that's wha...)
Well you know i am Russian. Have picked mushrooms all my life. Kind of hard in California since I dont know most of them ..but chantrelles are hard to not recognize.

I am making prime rib and will make Russian potato/onion / chantrelle/sour cream dish. Cannot wait though. They are delicious.
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by piano226 (Well you know i am R...)
Oh, another Russian Marina! How cool is that! Marzyn/Marina from Caracas is Russian, also. She doesn't come on much, but she pops in now and again. Now I will be able to remember your first name.

That menu sounds awesome! I'm like Vicci, in my mind, I think I'll fly to your place!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, another Russian ...)
...of course, this means I'll be expecting to see some traditional Russian recipes soon.

Just no beets/borscht, please.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by Gourmet_Mom (I thought that's wha...)

What are you going to do with them?

[/blockquote]

We make soup with Chanterelle mushrooms. It freezes well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by Old Bay ([br]What are you goi...)
In regards to Russian Recipes...just ask away...kind of hard to start posting random recipes.

Changrelles...It is a dilemma what to make with them. But for now I am kind of stuck on that side with potatoes...it is very traditional russian and I love it. Have not made in awhile but if it comes out I will post the recipe.
  Re: Re: Look what I picked yesterday. by piano226 (In regards to Russia...)
I've had a package of dried Chantrelle mushrooms for over a year now and have never figured out what to do with them!

Marina, DH's father's family is from Russia. His uncle still lives somewhere in Siberia, but the American side of the family only hears from him sporadically.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com