Incredible Gift Certificate!!
  Re: (...)
Wow, I received an incredible gift certificate and of course, had to spend it right away!!! Finally going to have a nice meat slicer - this is the one I bought.

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=301986

No way in h*ll I could have justified buying this one without the certificate. I'm so excited for the 8th of January to get here and I can play with it. Now my bacon will be sliced properly! and pizza toppings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by cjs (Wow, I received an i...)
You are so going to love that slicer. So many fun things to do with it - slicing corn on the cob; however is not recommended.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by Harborwitch (You are so going to ...)
Wow, that's really cool! But I hope to one up you when I get my grinder in February! Hopefully, the smoke house will be finished by then. He's promised!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Cool Tool Alert!!

Wow, that's awesome!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by BarbaraS (Cool Tool Alert!![br...)
Wow that is nice!!! You can get whole cuts of meat and slice to exactly what you want Cheeses too.

BTW my slicer saved my arm when I had to slice 16 baguettes for appetizer and they had to be about 1/8 of a inch thick. Freeze them partially first and it's a breeze
  Re: Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by DFen911 (Wow that is nice!!! ...)
That is so nice Jean! Funny, I just watched the Seinfeld episode where Kramer buys one so he can always have fresh cold cuts. I would love to have one some day.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by chef_Tab (That is so nice Jean...)
Loved the first review entry: THIS SLICER IS FAIR FOR IN HOME USE. THIS SLICER IS AN EXPENSIVE KITCHEN TOY.
Oh how fun! I would love to have one. My parents had one when I was growing up. I was never allowed to use it, but was fascinated when my dad sliced meat. It was paper thin for sandwiches. I bet there is a lot you could use them for. You will have so much fun.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by luvnit (Oh how fun! I would ...)
Have fun with it, jean! He's been itching to buy one.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Incredible Gift Certificate!! by Lorraine (Have fun with it, je...)
It came a day early, but didn't get a chance to play with it until this morning. Oh Lordie, it's all I wanted and more!!! It cut thru the bacon like butta.....

[Image: slicedbacon.jpg]

so of course, we had to complete the testing....
[Image: SerranoBrSugarBacon.jpg]
a little brown sugar and serrano topping...oh my, now I'm going thru the freezer to see what all I can slice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com