Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
  Re: (...)
Received this in email, today. Haven't made it, but it sounds very interesting.

Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
(makes 4 servings)

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons orange juice
  • 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
  • 3/4 lb. seedless grapes
  • 3/4 lb. sliced fresh figs, apricots, plums or nectarines
  • 4 oz. Camembert or Brie cheese, cut into narrow wedges
  • 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
  • 2 quarts salad greens
Instructions:
  1. Combine honey, vinegar, oil, orange juice and poppy seeds in a jar and shake well.
  2. Arrange clusters of grapes, fruit, cheese wedges and pecans on salad greens.
  3. Shake dressing and drizzle over salads.
  4. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by labradors (Received this in ema...)
You know, I keep looking at this and think....this is one of those sweet things I don't think I'd like. But then I keep looking at the ingredients...what's NOT to like. I have a piece of Brie in the fridge, I may just have to give this a try. I just hope my Brie holds until I can get the other ingredients that I don't have on hand. I have one question...instead of "fresh figs, apricots, plums or nectarines", I wonder if some orange, or other more tart fruit, would work here?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I keep loo...)
I'm sure it's just a matter of personal taste, although I would consider orange slices to be sweet, not tart, unless they were Seville (which would REALLY be a difference). How about raspberries? Probably not available right now, but they could fit with what you were saying.

The good thing about a salad such as this is that it isn't necessary to make the WHOLE thing (other than the dressing) right away. Instead, you could assemble a small portion as written then, if you like it that way, make other portions that way. If not, try small portion with various substitutions until it's as you like it.
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by labradors (I'm sure it's just a...)
I think I'm going to have to make the vinaigrette and play...but the Brie and nuts are a given!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Gourmet_Mom (I think I'm going to...)
For me, the Camembert would be a must, but the pecans would be out. Almonds, cashews or macadamias, perhaps, but no pecans for me.
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by labradors (For me, the Camember...)
I like it Labs--I'm not gonna mess with it until I taste it. Looks good enough to eat!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Old Bay (I like it Labs--I'm ...)
It sounds very good to me, but I am having trouble with "wedges" of cheese on a salad. Would you assume the wedges would be small enough to be bite size? I really am the type that needs a photo. The flavors sound wonderful though.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by chef_Tab (It sounds very good ...)
This does sound good!
Theresa, I'm thinking this would look more like a "platter" and then you'd cut it to bite size in your plate? But small bites or cubes of cheese would make it so much easier to handle.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by farnfam (This does sound good...)
Theresa, think composed salad rather than a tossed salad. This sounds wonderful!

Daphne, melons, pears, and plums would also be good with this salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Camembert Grape Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by cjs (Theresa, think compo...)
Oh, I like the idea of melon!
Daphne