Panini Recipes
  Re: (...)
Good Evening all!

Having received a panini maker for Christmas, I am looking for some panini recipes to put together for my teenagers for the nights that I work late. They have become panini freaks, but my concern is that they will only have meat and cheese paninis.

I am hoping for a few veggie panini's along with some desert panini's.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
  Re: Panini Recipes by PaniniGuy (Good Evening all![br...)
Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forum.

Not much help from me, since I would suggest the meat-filled wonder known as a Cuban Sandwich, but you're looking for veggies.

Don't know if you're trying to avoid the meat and cheese altogether, but my first inclination for a meatless panino (panini is the plural) would be cheese and broccoli.

Maybe (since this would at least mimic something Italian) you could try doing Eggplant Parmesan inside a panino.

Someone else is sure to have better suggestions, but this should help get the discussion going.

Again, welcome. Keep coming back for more food and fun with the great people we have here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Panini Recipes by labradors (Hello, Chris, and we...)
I love veggie paninis! I like to use my grill for a variety of sliced veggies--zucchini, red bell peppers, onions, portobello mushrooms and eggplant are especially good. I just brush the veggies with olive oil and then season with salt, pepper, and any herb blend that appeals to me at the time. You can cook up a bunch at a time and the veggies will hold for at least 3 days. Then you can make your paninis using a good bread and some cheese for a meatless panino, or add a meat of your choice for a healthier version of the paninis that you're already making. (Healthier, of course, depending on the amount of oil and cheese you use!!)

My only other advice is that unless you have some really terrific, young, fresh eggplant, I'd advise that you salt it for about 30 minutes before you grill it to draw out some of the bitterness.
  Re: Re: Panini Recipes by labradors (Hello, Chris, and we...)
I don't own a panini maker, but when I think of pressed sammies, I can't help but think of pizzas, as well. That being said, I would think you could put any combination you would find on a pizza IN a panini, just maybe a little less sauce/pesto. As for the meat and cheese, you may want to add some carmelized onions, peppers, and/or cherry tomatoes to their current favorites and reduce the meat and cheese a bit. This way, you'll be getting some veggies in them along with their favorites.

Good ones Karyn...I totally forgot about the mushrooms and eggplant. I especially like Japanese eggplant!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Panini Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (I don't own a panini...)
Quote:

I especially like Japanese eggplant!

Eggprant?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Panini Recipes by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome to the boards! I only make a couple and they all have meat. I'll be real interested in dessert ones because I can't think of a bread that would be tender enough for a dessert but hold up to the panini press.

I use my press to cook game hens and fish too