Crab Fruit Salad
  Re: (...)
This is such a refreshing salad - we just loved it. It's from MasterCook, and one word of warning, the recipe is wrong as it's written. Instead of calling out mayonaise in the ingredient list, it calls for 2 measurements of lemon juice.

[Image: CrabFruitSalad.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

Dungeness Crab Fruit Salad*****
Serving Size : 5

1 Alaska dungeness crab (2 to 3 pounds) -- thawed if necessary (I had a can of Costco crab that I used a portion of)
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
2 apples -- cut into chunks
OR
2 pears
1 orange -- peeled, sliced and halved (I had one blood orange left from the Calif. farmers market)
Lettuce

HONEY DRESSING
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime juice
zest from 1 lime (This wasn't called for, but it's a nice addition)
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Lime or lemon wedges

Lift off back shell of crab. Remove and discard viscera and gills. Rinse crab thoroughly under cool, running water. Break off legs; crack along edges. Cut into serving-sized pieces. Break body section into several pieces.

Micro-cook or steam until thoroughly heated; cool. Remove meat from body. Combine crab meat from body with fruit. Arrange fruit mixture and cracked crab legs on lettuce-lined platter. Serve with Honey Dressing. Garnish with lime wedges.

Honey Dressing: Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, honey and ginger.

Source:
"Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com