March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Today is my oldest 'baby's' birthday - 5:50 a.m., FIFTY years ago...... (she's going to kill me)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRACIE LEE

We're having some kind of chicken and I have enough goodies to make another half of the crab fruit salad - don't know what else yet.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by cjs (Today is my oldest ...)
Fancy mac and cheese and grilled sausage....We're eating at church before Bible Study, but I'm taking my own mac. They can turn their nose up or think I'm too picky, but I refuse to eat some out of a box...I just got to where I'll eat the stuff.

Good grief....I was in such a hurry!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRACIE!!!!

[Image: party2-1.gif]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Fancy mac and cheese...)
Happy Birthday!!!!

Kids are having Chicken Lo Mein. I think we might too.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by esgunn (Happy Birthday!!!! ...)
Just ran thru my mind, Erin - seems like Steve has been home quite a while this time...will he be on the go again soon?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by cjs (Just ran thru my min...)
We're having a chicken dish on spinach and orzo from a Cook's Illustrated Cooking for Two book. It's a repeat. Looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (We're having a chick...)
I was hungry for both shrimp and Indian, so I'm making shrimp korma. With rice. And saag aloo (spinach & potatoes). Uh oh, it's after 6:30, better get started!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by cjs (Just ran thru my min...)
Jean, He leaves Friday. He'll be gone 15 days. He's home about 1 week, gone for another week to training, then home 3 wks - then gone for 4 months...:crying:

I am trying to make a list of all his favorites to make on the few days he is home.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by esgunn (Jean, He leaves Frid...)
Have you made Wallace's pancakes for him (and the kids??) With some great bacon and/or ham, he'll come home in 14 days!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by foodfiend (I was hungry for bot...)
We are having leftover Bolognease/pasta (sp?) and a buffalato caprese salad (we found the cheese at Costco). OMG what feast!! I'm having a barolo and opening a Walla Walla sangiovese in case the tannins are too strong in the barolo.(It's only 6 years old)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: March 10th (!!!!), Wed. Dinner? by esgunn (Jean, He leaves Frid...)
Quote:

Jean, He leaves Friday. He'll be gone 15 days. He's home about 1 week, gone for another week to training, then home 3 wks - then gone for 4 months...:crying:

I am trying to make a list of all his favorites to make on the few days he is home.

"Absence makes the heart grow-----crap!!!--lonely" (Old Bay) Be well, this too shall pass. Come around often--we'll try and keep you company!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".