So Far O.T.!!!!
  Re: (...)
Do any of you have calendars with food pictures???? For 23 days I have been looking at this d*mn picture because it is just over my 'office' and to the side of the t.v. that we watch the news on. ANYWAY, I drool everytime and now I have 6 more days to get it made, if I decide to make it.

[Image: calendar.jpg]

(wow messy office!)

Garlic Mashed Idaho® Potato Pizza
Chef-Owner Scott Nelson, Pizza Luce, Minneapolis

Yield: 4 medium pizzas, 4 crusts, 5 to 7 servings of Garlic Mashed Idaho®

4 each Pizza dough, 9- to 11-oz balls
1/2 C Butter, unsalted, softened
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Oregano, dried
1 1/2 C Garlic mashed Idaho® potatoes
4 each Tomatoes, diced
3 C Green onions, chopped
4 C Feta cheese, crumbled

Pizza dough
2 each Active dry yeast, 1/4-oz packet
2 tsp Sugar, granulated
1 3/4 C Water, warm (100-110 degrees F)
3 3/4 C High-gluten flour
1/4 C Whole wheat flour
2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 C Olive oil, plus as needed

Garlic mashed Idaho® potatoes
4 Lb Baby red Idaho® potatoes, skin-on, boiled
1/4 C Butter, unsalted
2 C Heavy cream
1 C Garlic, roasted, pureed
1/2 TBS White pepper
1/2 TBS Freshly-ground black pepper
3 TBS Kosher salt

1. Roll out each dough ball on a floured surface. Slide dough onto a floured sheet pan or pizza stone.

2. Whip butter, salt, garlic and oregano in a food processor until well combined. Spread an even layer of garlic butter mixture onto each crust, to edges.

3. Spread mashed potatoes onto each crust, creating a layer about 1/4-inch thick, reserving 1 inch of crust at edges. Sprinkle tomato, green onions and feta evenly among 4 pizzas.

4. Bake pizzas in oven heated to 450 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes on a stone or 20 to 24 minutes on a sheet pan. Serve immediately.

Note: For best results, make dough and mashed potatoes 1 day in advance.

Pizza dough
1. Combine yeast, sugar and water in a bowl and reserve for 5 minutes. Combine flours and salt in a separate bowl with dough hook, then pour olive oil on top. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and mix until dough pulls from sides of mixing bowl. Knead dough by hand on a moderately floured surface for about 15 seconds, then stop to allow dough to reshape. Repeat kneading process about 6 times. Split dough into 4 even balls, brush balls with olive oil, cover and reserve, refrigerated, for up to 2 days (at least 1 day for best result). For use, bring dough to room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling out for pizza.

Garlic mashed Idaho® potatoes
1. Combine all ingredients and mash by hand. Reserve, warm.

-----

Well, I guess since I posted the recipe, this is not so off topic
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by cjs (Do any of you have c...)
Could these recipes have been developed for the Idaho Potato Board??? That pizza certainly looks incredible, thanks for posting the recipe (and, no, this post certainly was not OT!!!)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by foodfiend (Could these recipes ...)
Yes, it was, Vicci - the calendar is from the ACF (American Culinary Federation). Chef Nelson is a member.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by cjs (Yes, it was, Vicci -...)
Y'know, I was thinking maybe pizza tonite
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by farnfam (Y'know, I was thinki...)
Funny that you posted this. This looks good and so did the one Tyler Florence made Saturday morning. I hadn't thought much about putting potatoes on pizza until I saw the one he made. He did one with thinly sliced (lengthwise) fingerling potatoes, bacon, rosemary and fontina. (I still haven't found fingerling potatoes...but I'm still looking.) He garnished it with arugula and drizzled lemon juice over the top. I wanna make BOTH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Funny that you poste...)
uh, uh, uh,.....and on page 101.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by cjs (uh, uh, uh,.....and ...)
I'm guessing that this pizza won't be found in the "SmartCarb" cookbook?????

Sounds like ultimate comfort food - pizza and mashed potatoes!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by Harborwitch (I'm guessing that th...)
I think that would be a smart guess, Sharon.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by cjs (I think that would b...)
"uh, uh, uh,.....and on page 101..... " DUH! OKAY...let me ammend that....I hadn't wrapped my brain around it until I saw him pull the thing out of the oven. I needed the visual...LOL!

****Give it up Daphne. You're not getting around this one!******
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: So Far O.T.!!!! by cjs (I think that would b...)
If you have some garlic mashed potatoes left, try them in an omelet. That was another favourite at that restaurant I mentioned awhile ago that serves a pear and Gorgonzola omelet.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?