My last visit to the library, a cookbook jumped out at me as I walked by – and what an interesting book it is. All you carb-haters, don’t read any further, this is not a book for you!

The Mediterrasian Way, by Ric Watson & Trudy Thelander. It’s a blend of Mediterranean and Asian dishes made healthy (or ‘ier’). I’ve tried two so far and each has been really tasty – nothing spectacular, not dishes for dinner parties, just for everyday eating.

The first one I made for dinner Friday night – Stir-Fried Scallops & Veggies with Honey-Ginger Sauce – made enough for an army, but was great as a leftover last night. Friday we had rice with it and for leftovers I fixed some Angel Hair pasta and both were very good with it.

Yesterday morning we had Tuna, Pea, and Corn Frittata (didn’t have small can of tuna, so used a can of salmon) and what a nice treat it was.

The book is really not low-fat, it just calls for lots of veggies with a little meat thrown in and wonderful flavorings. Anyway, those who need another book to look thru….. I’ve already ordered a used one from Amazon, naturally.

Couple more to be tried (and to tempt ya’all ) are –
Chakchouka – a Tunisian veggie and egg dish (where you make the sauce and nestle the eggs in it to cook them)

Greek Shrimp with Feta.

And, 7 more days of cooking with Nigella…
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

A New Cookbook! cjs [br][br]My last visi...
I was tempted by that book also, Jean! Saw it on Amazon and thought it looked interesting. Now I know it is! Thanks for the review.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
They have a website too. I ran across this a while back looking for something (don't remember what). But they have a wonderful site with a lot of great food advice.

http://www.mediterrasian.com

Check em' out!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: A New Cookbook! luvnit They have a website ...
Yes, I saw that - forgot to mention....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
" it just calls for lots of veggies with a little meat thrown in and wonderful flavorings "

Just when I thought I didn't need another cookbook, along comes a great sounding one!!!! It might just be an early Christmas gift for hiself. I'll send it early so I can look thru it while I'm there. Thanks, Jean!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: A New Cookbook! Lorraine " it just calls for ...
Bring to top to check out garlic shrimp
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: A New Cookbook! cjs Bring to top to chec...
Glad you did! I had checked this book out at the library and like it. Time to get it again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
A New Cookbook!