This is a new thing for me, recently an Italian Deli opened in Watertown, Wow. And this is one of their feature lunch treats. Two nice slices of eggplant, lightly breaded and fried, covering a slice of roasted pepper and a slice of mozzarella,finished with a Balsamic drizzle.
My friend and I have done our own version: oven fry the eggplant slices, and I subbed provolone for the mozz for a bit more kick.
Tomorrow, we hike Chimney Mt and they are going in our picnic lunch along with a nice bottle of white wine. James thought it would be nice to find a little Adirondack motel and spend the night, so we can fish Thirteenth Lake on Sunday. Planning to take pix and let you all know how it went
Cis
Empress for Life

Eggplant Sandwiches farnfam This is a new thing ...
Mmmmm, I love eggplant and will definitely try this!
Becky
  Eggplant Sandwiches farnfam This is a new thing ...
waaaahhhhh, I want to come. Sounds so romantic. Have a wonderful time, Cis. Who's watching Lola???
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches chef_Tab waaaahhhhh, I want t...
Oh they are so good!
Theresa, if you come will it still be romantic....well, I guess if you bring Wally Lola's Auntie Ann is coming to stay with her
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches farnfam Oh they are so good!...
Cis, I hope you guys have a fabulous weekend! We are in a dilemma about traveling. What to do with Cricket? We have come to realize renting an RV is out of the question....WAY too expensive! She can't travel with us in my little car...actually, William admitted HE couldn't travel in my little car either...LOL! We are now on hold for a while longer. WHAAAAAAAAAAA!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches Gourmet_Mom Cis, I hope you guys...
Oh Piddle, Daphne!

Cis, this sounds like such a fun weekend. And the sandwiches sound delicious also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches cjs Oh Piddle, Daphne! [...
I know! I'm still working on it, though.
Daphne

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches Gourmet_Mom I know! [img]/ubbthr...
We had the best weekend! After all the overtime James has been working we sure needed a time out.
Here are some pix of the highlights of Indian Lake

The chimney at Chimney Mt. (a long, somewhat challenging hike to the top)
[Image: IndnLke0003.jpg]

[Image: IndnLke0000.jpg]

View of lakes from top
[Image: IndnLke0007.jpg]

Thirteenth Lake
[Image: IndnLke0008.jpg]

James on the big chair
[Image: IndnLke0016.jpg]
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches farnfam We had the best week...
I LOVE the picture of the lake, especially! (I'm a sucker for water pictures.) But that picture of James on the big chair is hilarious!!!!!! It's a GREAT optical illusion! Thanks for sharing Cis! It's good to have you back. I hope you two are back on a more normal schedule....we've missed you guys!
Daphne

Re: Eggplant Sandwiches Gourmet_Mom I LOVE the picture o...
How fun and exhausting that must have been. That's such a funny pic of James in the chair.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Eggplant Sandwiches