I lost a recipe for poppy seed loaf using 3/4 c poppy seeds and yogurt. I printed it out at the office and someone else picked it up. The men in the office looked at me as tho I was speaking Farsi! No luck there.

Does anyone have something like this?

I wanted to make it over the holiday weekend. Thanks.

1 poppy seed loaf ccree I lost a recipe for ...
Sorry, I am not familiar with the recipe, but I would like to be! Sounds really good. Was it from Cuisine at Home?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: 1 poppy seed loaf chef_Tab Sorry, I am not fami...
No, it was not from Cuisine at home because I was at the office. I find many online recipes are too involved, like Epicurious.
55 years in the kitchen

Re: 1 poppy seed loaf ccree No, it was not from ...
This is the one I have, hope it helps

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons lemon zest
1/2 cup poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heavily grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.

Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.

Mix lemon juice and yogurt together and add alternately with the sifted flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just blended. Stir in lemon rind and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into prepared pans and smooth tops.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pans.

Re: 1 poppy seed loaf DFen911 This is the one I ha...
Except for the requirement to soak poppy seeds in milk, this sounds perfect. Lemon juice perhaps too acidic for that. I will try them yogurt soak instead.
55 years in the kitchen
1 poppy seed loaf