Have a $20. off B'day dinner coupon at a local place and had planned to go tonight, but what the heck, why spend the extra money, when I have so much food in the freezer....so, I think I'll do my B'day review dinner tonight instead of tomorrow. (I think this darn rain is getting to me )

What are you all up to for dinner?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday Dinner, May 29?? cjs Have a $20. off B'da...
We had some brisket ends that were a bit tough, so he sliced them thin and simmered them overnight in one of his apple cider vinegar based sauces. If I don't eat it all while it's cooling, we'll have it for supper. I made potato salad and macaroni salad, and we have corn on the cob. I have to test some cornmeal cakes today, so that will be dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Saturday Dinner, May 29?? Lorraine We had some brisket ...
"I have to test some cornmeal cakes today," - would love to hear how these turn out. (tough brisket ends sounds tasty too! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Saturday Dinner, May 29?? cjs "I have to test some...
I would be pickin' at that brisket too, Lorraine. Sounds good, especially since I haven't eaten all day.

Would also love to hear how the cornmeal cakes turn out, and still wondering how your did those sweet potato rolls for the wedding.

Oh, almost forgot. Dinner tonight...Grilled chicken breast and quesadillas. I made my own flour tortillas the other day. Not bad for my first attempt, so will use leftovers tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday Dinner, May 29?? Mare749 I would be pickin' a...
The cornmeal cakes are fabulous, even plain, without the lemon curd, blueberries or cream. I emailed you a picture of them, I tried posting it here but it didn't work. Maryann, the Sweet Potato Biscuits were easy, and are from an Edna Lewis book I got. I haven't tried any of her recipes yet that did not turn out great. I'll dig out the recipe for you.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Saturday Dinner, May 29?? Lorraine The cornmeal cakes a...
We got some locally made brats yesterday. The plan was to grill them, but the wind is still horrendous and howling even through the quonset. I'll simmer them with some kraut and onions and take it from there.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Saturday Dinner, May 29?? Harborwitch We got some locally ...
Well, I'm late. I went to the city today and forgot BUNCHES...so get to go back NEXT weekend. We did simple....2 inch rib eyes (we cut) and a simple salad...cutting back on the starches....NOT THE WINE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday Dinner, May 29?? Gourmet_Mom Well, I'm late. I w...
I'm late too. We had the boys home and friends over, so I grilled a whole beef tenderloin. Yum! I did a reverse sear, and the meat came out perfectly--nice and evenly pink with a tasty crust. This is a great way to cook larger cuts of meat!
I served it with grilled potatoes and spinach salad.

The corn cakes sound great, especially with lemon curd. I love lemon curd!
Saturday Dinner, May 29??