What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having the Thai Vermicelli from the "6 Quick & Easy Pasta Dishes," Issue #2, pg. 33. Sounds really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? cjs What's on everyone's...
Bar food with friends at Black Dog Smoke & Ale House.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? HomeCulinarian Bar food with friend...
I miss those bar food days! We need to get back to Southport.

Tonight we're back to steak night. I had 3 last thick cut rib eyes left in the freezer. This will be a quick and easy...soooo hot! I'm going to put the potatoes on the grill also...it's just too hot! Jody is coming home with William this afternoon...they have a survey job tomorrow. The owners live out of town and wanted to be here. Since the job is half way between here and Southport, William decided it would be easier to bring Jody with him...JOY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? cjs What's on everyone's...
Well, Picky Jr is graduating from high school tonight-yay!!! That's the last of our kids, (well, my 3 and his 2). Probably pizza at Picky's mom's, otherwise known as Nonnie Picky (Yes, she's Portuguese)

When Mike and I got together, his son was 5 years old. Where did the time go?

I still have those crabcakes in the fridge ready to fire, too much going on pre-grad last night to cook them. Maybe I'll bring them to the house to cook off.

Off to graduation.....

PJ
PJ

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? pjcooks Well, Picky Jr is gr...
Yea for Picky Jr.!!! Congrats to him and to the you and Mike. You did your job. Got them thru H.S. graduation - as if that really is all there is to it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? esgunn Yea for Picky Jr.!!!...
Everything Erin said!!!! congratulations to Picky Jr.!!!

Now, the fun begins in trying to cook just for 2!!!! I still overdo it for some things and its been, how many years... Mattie is 44...... yikes.

Wow, if Thai Pasta dinner tastes as good as the dressing I'm using on it tastes, man, is this going to be a 10 dinner!! And, I've had this darn recipe since Mar/Apr '97 - geez.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? cjs Everything Erin said...
I'm doing an Avocado, Bacon, and Tomato Pasta from another magazine. It just sounds sooooo good.

Hey Jean, ya gonna post that Thai Pasta dinner. I don't know if I can find that issue -
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? Harborwitch I'm doing an Avocado...
Congrats to Picky Jr! And God love you for putting up with Picky eaters!

I grilled a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and the rest was a wonderful surprise. Every once in a while I just wing it with stuff I have on hand and end up thinking I am a genius. Haha. I took some leftover "honey jalapeno mashed potatoes" and formed it into two patties which I threw onto parchment paper in the convection oven till they were hot and crispy. I made a salad/salsa type thing with two avacados and two oranges mixed with lime, honey and cilantro. The "potato pancakes" topped with the avocado/orange thing were out of this world! I could have cared less if we even had any meat at all and decided I need to write this up and it will become one of my favorite breakfasts! I don't think you could get much healthier either. All this after a really bad day that included the need to purchase midol and chocolate.....if you get my drift.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? chef_Tab Congrats to Picky Jr...
Those mashed potato cakes with avocado orange salsa sound wonderful. I'd love more details.

I spend the day keep our newly-laid sod moist...nothing like no rain and the first extended period of 90 degree+ weather to encourage a new landscape. Dinner was very simple: wine (for me), Corona (for John), a baguette, assorted cheeses, salami from our last trip to SF, and melon. (I listed the most essential parts of the menu first.)

Our son has watering duty tomorrow, so we escaped to the lake and enjoyed the view from the patio while we ate. it was actually a pretty nice way to end the week.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th? karyn Those mashed potato ...
Karyn, first I had some Honey-jalapeno smashed sweet potatoes leftover (approx. 1.5-2 cups) Here is the recipe for those from the Cuisine for Two Healthy book on page 59

3 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 medium)
2 Tbl honey
1 Tbl fresh lime juice
1 Tbl jalapeno, minced and seeded (I used 2 whole jalapenos)

Boil sweet potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender when pierced, 10-12 mins. Drain, return potatoes to pot, and dry briefly over medium heat, stirring often. Off heat, mash potatoes by hand until chunky, then fold in honey, lime, and jalapenos.
I took the leftovers of this(from another dinner) and formed into two patties which I baked on parchment in the convection oven until warm and crispy on the outside.

For the topping:
2 avocadoes sliced
2 oranges, peeled and sliced
2 Tbl lime juice
1 Tbl honey
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

mixed the above together and served.

The flavors went so well together and the combination of the warm pancakes with the room temp. salsa was wonderful too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
T.G.I.F. Dinner - June 11th?