What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having meatloaf sandwiches and artichokes!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Tuesday Dinner, July 20th? cjs What's on the menu f...
I'm making the honey and wine braised chicken thighs with mustard greens that I posted yesterday. I'll either make rice or vermicelli with it.

By the way, that turkish chicken kabob recipe I also posted was delicious. Squeezing a little lemon on it at the end makes it sing.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 20th? Trixxee I'm making the honey...
I haven't had fresh artichokes in so long, I forget what they taste like! I rarely see them in the stores, and when I do, they are over the top expensive. Didn't get the chicken cooked yesterday, so maybe I will grill it early this afternoon (a staff member gave us a small gas grill ). Supper will either be very early or late, as I have been helping at the church on Tuesdays. They provide meals (either eat in, take out, and they deliver to shut ins). Kind of sad, a year ago we were doing 125 meals, we now average 325-350 a week.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 20th? Lorraine I haven't had fresh ...
"Kind of sad, a year ago we were doing 125 meals, we now average 325-350 a week." Doesn't that say it all? This economy has gone from bad to worse! I commend you for pitching in to help out.

BTW, congrats on the grill! And kudos to the staff member who gave it to you guys!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 20th? Gourmet_Mom "Kind of sad, a year...
Jean, yum!! Fresh artichokes in Atlanta are not the same thing as fresh artichokes in the West.

Lorraine, I hope you enjoyed your meal. What a wonderful way to spend your Tuesdays. I'm just sorry that so many people are finding it necessary to have meals provided.

I'm still working on my goal of cooking seafood every Tuesday. (BTW, I picked Tuesday because Wednesday is trash day, so my trash can doesn't get too stinky!) Tonight, we had a really wonderful recipe from Emeril: Poached Grouper with Mango Salsa and Coconut-Cilantro Rice.

John and DS wanted blackened grouper, so the poaching went by the wayside and instead I made a rub of blackening spices and unsalted butter and grilled the fish. The mango salsa was just okay on its own, but combined with the blackened fish, coconut rice, and avocado, was a delicious combination.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, July 20th? karyn Jean, yum!! Fresh ar...
Oh, I had a good fresh artichoke the other day - just not home grown.

Made Stir-Fried pork and sugar snap peas with sweet and sour sauce. About to sit down and enjoy it. Hope the kids like it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Tuesday Dinner, July 20th?