Well to update you all; while we will always keep ND as our home the farm will play no part in that.

Our "friends" turned out to be bitter, vindictive, and resentful @$$es. Crux of the matter is that we were never able to get a bill of sale and the necessary paperwork for the mobile home, they had lots of ideas about what we "should have done" with the money we spent on the motorhome, and blamed us for every negative thing in their lives over the last year.

Soooooooo - they get to keep the mobile home. It's a piece of crap that we'll never be able to make presentable, or comfortable not to mention safe.

We've found a place to store our stuff - we can even sell stuff from the storage unit and move to a smaller one when needed! This is a good thing. Today we picked up a 5 x 10 trailer to tow behind the motorhome. It will hold all of the stuff that won't fit in the motorhome that we are going to need.

Now it's down to:
1: emptying the big freezer (making venison sausage and smoking my pork jowls included), the side by side, and putting what we can in the little freezer and the fridge in the motorhome.

2: eating, packing, or giving away the food in the pantry.

3: picking what cooking, eating, etc. or packing the things we need to take in the motorhome/trailer and what stuff is going to go into storage or get sold. (Man is this one hard!) And then doing the same thing with everything else!

4: Hauling all the stuff to storage, loading the little trailer, and loading out the motorhome, and heading to the storage unit to spend a few days selling what we plan to sell. Then we hit the road.

Gads - that sounds so simple. But everything is lining up. I'm so anxious to get on the road! We're considering buying a lot so that we'll have a place to "come home" to. Just have to see how things go.

Our friend Joan is certain that I can get my personal chef business off and running in whatever campground we're in. It's a thought that makes Bob and I smile. But now we have to figure out how much of the food prep stuff to take.

(Oh, while talking to the gal where we bought the trailer Bob told her that the trailer was mainly for my kitchen stuff. She wants me to keep in touch, her Mom has something to do with a restaurant in town that very well might be interested in having me come in once a week or so as a "guest chef" to do different ethnic themes!) Well doesn't that just figure! It's a really really nice restaurant - but she said everyone is just sick of the same menu and would like to see some variety.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" Harborwitch Well to update you a...
Well isn't that a shame! What jerks!

It looks like you have a good plan. I wish you luck with your packing and sale. I just wish I could be there to help. I know the decision making is going to be difficult, but it looks like you have the motivation to get out of there quickly. That should help. Also, I think you'll find that after a while, the decisions will get easier as you get anxious to complete the task and get on with your life. Plus, you've just done this recently, so it should be easier this time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" Harborwitch Well to update you a...
Wow Sharon!! That really, really sucks big time, but I see you have a hold on the "silver lining in the cloud".

Positive thoughts from me to you! Work it Girl!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" BarbaraS Wow Sharon!! That r...
Gosh, Sharon, how disappointing for you What's wrong with those people????? You've got some good options and a great attitude, so I know you and Bob will do great. Sending big hugs of encouragement to you both, and of course you've still got the Pugs and Opie
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" BarbaraS Wow Sharon!! That r...
Sheesh! They should get together with Vicci's in-laws! On second thought, maybe not.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" labradors Sheesh! They should...
Quote:

Sheesh! They should get together with Vicci's in-laws! On second thought, maybe not.

Oh yes, they should! And all live unhappily together in a mean and nasty corner of the world far, far away from the rest of us!

Sharon, you said after your to-do list that it all seemed to be simple but...NO WAY. That's a heck of a lot of work to do and I wish you two much luck in accomplishing it. I wish I were nearer and could help (I became quite the whiz at clearing out MIL's old apartment... after the first day or two, it actually becomes a quest just to get it done!)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" labradors Sheesh! They should...
Sharon, despite all of these challenges, I really love and am learning from your 'make lemon out of lemonade' attitude. Positive thoughts are being sent your way!

Re: Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball" karyn Sharon, despite all ...
That's exactly what I've been thinking. You always have such a positive attitude and just pick up and move on to the next adventure. It's such a shame that things didn't work out the way you had hoped they would, but I really admire that you aren't sitting around doing nothing to change the situation.

Good luck with your packing. Wish I knew what to tell you to take, but I really have no idea. Just try to simplify things as much as you are able to and still be comfortable.
And once again, please keep us posted on all your exciting adventures.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm sorry things turned out the way they did, but it sounds like you've found your feet. Best wishes for your next adventure!

PJ
PJ
Well Sharon, you and Bob will have the last laugh. They, unfortunately, will be even more bitter when you both move on and are happier without their 'friendship'.

You can't keep a tenacious red-head down! Even in the face of uncertainty, you are like cream and rise to the top!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Evolving plans - or "we got thrown a curve ball"