So, what's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm surprised I don't have laryngitis!!! My Lord, did the five of us yak it up yesterday - even the spouse said they enjoyed themselves...and they all probably learned things about their 'darlings' they never knew (or wanted to know)

We never did have 'dinner' we all went to a little neighborhood bar and had big lunchs - A couple of us had a great talapia 'basket,' surprising tasty good! and then spent the afternoon at a mansion! One of us married very well....such opulence I have rarely seen. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Today three of us are going wine tasting w/spouses - great wineries in this area. Having a great time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? cjs So, what's on the me...
That is just fantastic, Jean! So glad you are having such a great time. When you get back, you will have to give us a good description of "the mansion."

Dinner today will be another recipe from my Vietnamese Cookbook. It think it's called Clay Pot fish or something like that, jasmine rice, and Sharon's cucumber salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? cjs So, what's on the me...
WOW! A mansion, huh! I'd say she married VERY well!

I'm not sure, I've got Jean's Taco Salad and Lemon Shrimp from the Grilling book on the menu. I am really wanting to play with the Cherry jam I got last weekend, so I may pick up some steaks, but it will probably be Jean's Taco Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? Gourmet_Mom WOW! A mansion, huh...
Wow! It sounds like you all had a ball.

We are cleaning out the fridge tonight. There are all kinds of good things - pot roast with lots of veggies, salmon patties, some fried potatoes & kraut and I found some sausage to add to that.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? Harborwitch Wow! It sounds like...
We are headed down to Del Mar for horseracing. I'm so excited! This is alway one of the highlights of our summer - when this beauty of a track opens - right next to the ocean. Tony ran and got The Racing Form this morning so I can study all the way down there and make my picks.

We're going to have our traditional lunch here prior to getting to the track. The patio here has a brilliant view of the track. Always lots of buzz in the air the first weekend it's open.
http://www.brigantine.com/menus/DMWebsiteLunchMenu.pdf

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? Trixxee We are headed down t...
...and I'll have this,Trixxee!!

Parmesan Encrusted Sand Dabs
lemon beurre blanc, served with chef’s fresh
vegetables and lemon rice pilaf 14

Have a great time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? cjs ...and I'll have thi...
It's really hot here today... Heat index says 107!

As usual, out with our dancing friends for dinner. This time we're trying a relatively new place in town An Sun . Don't think we'll be on the patio...

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? HomeCulinarian It's really hot here...
That caught my eye too, Jean! Everyone have a good day and evening. We'll be back tomorrow.

ps - I think So. California is the place to be right now. High of 79 today.

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? Trixxee That caught my eye t...
Again, foiled by my slow dial-up! Trixxee, just send me one of everything.

Jeannette, we beat you by a bit, our HI is 102. It's 98 outside, 87 here on the porch (breezes be damned!), and I'm pulling the plug and going to the basement to reorganize my storage shelves before I burst into spontaneous combustion!

We had a cold noodle salad for lunch, so I guess that I should cook something for dinner. Grilled... maybe chicken breasts for tacos since I have some fresh poblanos and fresh tomatillo salsa in the fridge.

I still say that this is better than winter, though!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd?? foodfiend Again, foiled by my ...
better than winter, tho I would cheer if there was a frost advisory......just for tonight. HOT HOT HOT. Yuk. I made tacos for dinner because the latest email from C@H was for a taco salad, but as I read the recipe, my tummy and mouth were screaming for tacos. I put the counter top convection oven out on the patio to bake the shells. I think it was already 350 out because the oven got to temp immediately. Cold beer tastes better than ever.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Dinner, T.F.I.F., July 23rd??