What's on everyone's menu for tonight??

I'm finally biting the bullet - I allowed that Black Bean & Corn book AND the pizza book to do me in weight-wise and I've got to kick start a little healthier eating, so it's two weeks of the Air Force Diet (and no, I still don't know why it's called that... ).

So, for two weeks I will be really boring, unless I can come up with some interesting things to do. But, at least it's the perfect time of year with all the veggies coming ripe!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? cjs What's on everyone's...
Good luck, Jean. I need to get back on track myself, but for some reason desserts keep getting in the way!

I finally used the last of the smoked chicken and made chicken enchiladas. So, that will be dinner along with a salad topped with salsa. Got rid of the pineapple upside-down cake last night, (the kids gladly took that off my hands!) so we'll have watermelon for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? Mare749 Good luck, Jean. I ...
We finally have a bit of reprieve from the heat, it was only 82 at 5;30am, so I thought I would start on dinner. Oiled and toasted some garlic baguette for bruscetta, boiled some potatoes and eggs for potato salad. Maybe we'll grill some hotdogs. I might ask him to make me a corn and black bean salsa since we have corn chips. We brought one of our watermelons with us, so that will be dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? Lorraine We finally have a bi...
I haven't a clue. I'll probably dig through the veggie drawer and see what's in there, then match it with something from the freezer. I need to join Laura and Jean on a diet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? Gourmet_Mom I haven't a clue. I...
"We finally have a bit of reprieve from the heat, it was only 82 at 5;30am, so I thought I would start on dinner. Oiled and toasted some garlic baguette for bruscetta, boiled some potatoes and eggs for potato salad. Maybe we'll grill some hotdogs. I might ask him to make me a corn and black bean salsa since we have corn chips. We brought one of our watermelons with us, so that will be dessert. " oh yeah, a whole two weeks of this......

(that's o.k. - keep posting, Laura & I will eat vicariously thru ya'all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? cjs "We finally have a b...
I need to join the dieters. If only I could give up my wine but it's hard! We are having salmon again tonight since the piece Tony bought was so big. More spinach and mashed potatoes too.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? cjs "We finally have a b...
I concur with Jean. I love hearing about the food and will keep reading. I get just as excited about reading as I do eating!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? luvnit I concur with Jean. ...
BUT...I don't give up my wine, I cut way back, but no way in h*ll will that ever happen.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? cjs BUT...I don't give u...
Fortunately I don't have any wine in the house as we have been into micro-brewery beer lately. I think I can afford to have a beer at night with my hubby and perhaps next week a glass of wine.

I typed my version of this soup into Mastercook to find out the calories of my version and it was a mere 75 calories a cup! That means if I manage to eat 10 cups of this stuff during the day its only 750 calories a day!
Laura
  Monday's Dinner, 7/26?? cjs What's on everyone's...
Well I will be following in Jean's footsteps, but I think I will be doing the Cabbage Soup Diet for a week. In the past, I have never been able to make it past Day 3, however, that was long ago and truthfully I didn't really NEED to lose weight then. So what was I thinking!

This time I am determined to do this. Besides my kids are gone for a week, so it should be easier.
Laura
Monday's Dinner, 7/26??