This is a recipe from the newest Cuisine Lite Fresh and Fabulous cookbook. This is very fast! You can make the glaze in the time it takes the chicken to cook...if you're cherries are pitted. Although, I'm still dealing with those FAT chicken breasts, so I'm pretty sure I could do it all in the time my chicken got done. So this is a given for the school week menus. I used a LARGE T of the chipotle than called for and still not too hot. But for very tender palates (Erin's babies), I'd probably cut it to half a T. But it's necessary to cut the sweet of the cherries. I also forgot to salt my chicken, but a generous shake of Himalayan Pink solved that at the table. (Thanks Maryann!)

Another mistake on my part was the grill. I still had the smoker pan on there and the temp was low, so it cooked low and slow. I thought it would never get color and carmelize the glaze. But it finally did...very tender and flavorful. Under normal grilling circumstances, it would have cooked in around 20 minutes...shorter if the chicken breasts were split horizontally...which I often do for the Amazon chicken breasts you find in the stores these days.

I'm not a big sweet/savory fan, but I really liked this one! I served it with a salad...no kohlrabi to be had here, and I had the salad. If you wanted a starch, I'd think some rice with lemon zest would be good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW Gourmet_Mom This is a recipe fro...
Thanks for the review Daphne! I just need cherry jam and cherries! I will try it soon!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW esgunn Thanks for the revie...
My shipment of C@H books arrived yesterday...of course. At first I put them aside to look at after this two weeks is up, but couldn't stand it. Looked thru the Lite Fresh & Fabulous and you guys are right, what a great selection of recipes.

I'm tempted to do what Erin did with one of the books, start at page 1!

That one came along with another Cuisine for Two and the 4th (?) Grilling book. Geez, what bad timing.

That one caught my eye too, Daphne, thanks for the review.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW cjs My shipment of [url=...
I don't have this book yet - sounds like I might have to get it.

Those amazon chicken breasts and whole chickens scare me every since I watched King Corn and Food, Inc. I'm finding organic chicken breasts to be a little smaller.

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW Trixxee I don't have this bo...
Oh my! We loved this one! I got a little distracted on a rum drink Vicci recommended and grilled the chicken a bit too long, but with this glaze, it didn't matter. It is THAT good! We smothered our chicken breasts with the glaze. I served brown rice with lime juice and cilantro and a ceasar salad as the sides. Just a perfect dinner. Even loved the Chardonnay pairing. This cookbook is full of recipes I want to try. Oh, and I doubled the chipotle, that was perfect for us.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW chef_Tab Oh my! We loved this...
What rum drink - do I have it??? Will certainly be making this one - soon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW cjs What rum drink - do ...
Hopefully Vicci will come with some better instructions, but we filled some large tumblers with ice, poured the cups about 3/4 full of coconut rum, and topped with seltzer water. Talk about refreshing and yummy. Here is the bad news: the bottle is now empty.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW chef_Tab Hopefully Vicci will...

3/4 coconut rum and 1/4 seltzer-- no wonder you forgot about the chicken!!!

Okay, for all of you who want to cook and drink whilst keeping your wits about you, fill a low glass with ice and add about 1 1-2 ounces (we have a 1 oz. shot glass) of coconut rum. Fill with seltzer. Taste and adjust as necessary, keeping in mind that coconut rum has about half of the alcohol content of nonflavored rum, so you can use a free hand. Well, perhaps not quite as free as Theresa's was (hey, are you still awake?!?!?!)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW foodfiend [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
sounds good - in moderation.
www.achefsjourney.com
Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze- REVIEW