What's on the menu?

I'm torn, we liked the salad from yesterday so much and have 1/2 cans of the beans left (not to mention enjoying our hamburger in pita), that we may have a repeat.

or, keep it for tomorrow and have Chicken Pasta Primavera....decisions, decisions
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? cjs What's on the menu?[...
Chicken with cornbread stuffing (I made a bunch of cornbread so we'll use that). I've never had cornbread stuffing, never even heard of it in Canada. Went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and got beautiful green beans, and some fingerling potatoes. They also had some really small pears (Sichel, Seckel?? I can't remember). I'll poach them in some wine the winery gave me yesterday. I have, Rose, Pinot Grigio and Merlot. Any ideas which one I should use?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? Lorraine Chicken with cornbre...
I never tire of making (and enjoying) this one, Lorraine.

1 firm but ripe pear, peeled and cut in half
1/2 c granulated sugar
5 whole cloves
3 whole allspice
2 stick cinnamon, broken in half
1 750 ml bottle ruby port or Merlot wine

Bring the goodies to a boil, reduce heat and add pears and simmer for ~20 minutes. Remove, then reduce the mixture for the wonderful syrup!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? cjs I never tire of maki...
thanks, Jean. We have 3 events coming up at the winery in September, where we will be providing a plated dessert.We always try to showcase their wine, so this may work out great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? Lorraine thanks, Jean. We ha...
I am cooking for our winery owner friends tonight at their home. I have decided to make that Trattoria Salad with peach glazed chicken skewers. Wally and I loved that meal so much, I just have to make it for them. I am thinking of making jalapeno corn muffins to go with, and a chocolate beer cake for dessert.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? Lorraine thanks, Jean. We ha...
We are having grilled lingcod with a lemon-basil vinaigrette topped with grilled asparagus.

I haven't had lingcod in years. I'm excited.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? Trixxee We are having grille...
William and I decided we had both had a big lunch and weren't very hungry, so Surf and Turf was put off another day...LOL! This seems to be a trend, lately.

BTW, I've had a childhood craving lately, so I'm giving in to it for lunch today...Pigs in a Blanket!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? cjs What's on the menu?[...
Skillet Penne with sausage and broccoli. Salad and some bread. Hope it is a good recipe.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 8/22??? esgunn Skillet Penne with s...
Planned overs - see Sat. dinnerSmile
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sunday's Dinner, 8/22???