What's on the menu tonight??

We've ended our 7-day regime, so time to move onto the next chapter - the 21-day Immersion plan, whatever this is....

Tonight we're having a [Email]C@H[/Email] slowcooker dinner - the Pork Adobo with tropical fruit salsa. It is slowly cooking as we speak.

My total so far lost is 9 lbs. (that's from the beginning when I did the Air Force one also)

Oh, also wanted to mention - yesterday was our Costco shopping day, historically our day out for a late lunch. Decicisions, decisions - we stopped at Applebies (how do you spell that?), got a glass of wine and I talked to the server and how accomodating they were. I told them I wanted a hamburger pattie (grilled) med-rare, with a dry bun, and whatever veggies they normally serve with it (lettuce and tomato) plus extra red onion. No problem - the plates came out and it was so funny to see, in a restaurant, no frills, just a plain hamburger in the middle of an otherwise plain plate. Added my mustard and I was a happy camper - Roy, enjoyed it also. So, out to lunch with no guilt! So, a big thank you to Applebies (or whatever)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? cjs What's on the menu t...
Daughter #1 and hubby are on their way, but Jame has to go to work this afternoon; so, a big pot of Nana's spaghetti sauce with turkey meatballs,whole wheat spaghetti (SIL likes healthy) and salad with balsamic. That way, it can be served according to the comings and goings of the fam
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? farnfam Daughter #1 and hubb...
Cis, do you get used to the whole wheat pasta? I've only tried it once or twice and really didn't like it.

Dinner tonight will be cuban sandwiches. I'm using Cubangirl's recipe for the bread and making small baguettes. They are almost ready for the oven, and I made a tossed salad to go with. Watermelon for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? Mare749 Cis, do you get used...
Maryann, I guess we got used to the whole wheat, but we don't eat it exclusively. It's really quite tolerable in the Penne or Rigatoni. The spaghetti is just ok, but I know it's Aaron's preference so for today it's okay. As for me, I am addicted to Fettucine, that'd be my pick anytime, but especially with seafood and spicy sauce
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? farnfam Maryann, I guess we ...
Thanks Cis. I'll try the rigatoni or penne next time. I really would like to work some of this into our diet, but the spaghetti just didn't cut it.
Maryann

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? Mare749 Thanks Cis. I'll tr...
I think we're just having tuna sandwiches.

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? Trixxee I think we're just h...
I've been using Eating Right Whole Grain Rotini and when we were talking about this way back sometime, someone mentioned when cooking these wheat pastas to take off the heat a little more al dente than normal, then it doesn't have a funny texture. And, that seems to work - for us anyway.

I also have Organic brand Whole Wheat Rotini.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? cjs I've been using Eati...
I really like the Ronzoni Smart Taste pastas. They have extra fiber, but taste great.

Congratulations on losing 9 pounds Jean!!!!!

I am making spaghetti and meatballs with the above mentioned pasta tonight. I am planning to throw a lot of veges into the sauce.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? chef_Tab I really like the Ro...
Jean that is great - 9 lbs is quite a bit.

I think I just figured out what's for dinner - I have some lobster ravioli and a handfull of shrimp in the freezer. I'll play with that.

Many years ago we started buying DreamFields pasta. It was a 'low carb' product to start with, but has tons of fiber, and is very low on the glycemic index. The texture is a bit different, but we've gotten very attached to it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26?? Harborwitch Jean that is great -...
Jean, 9 lbs. is fabulous! You must feel so good! I've only dropped 6 lbs. in the last month, but I haven't been as disciplined as you are.

Thanks everyone for all the pasta advice. I wrote down all of them and will start experimenting again. It seems to me DreamFields was pretty good...
Maryann

What's For Dinner, Thurs., 8/26??