This is a New York Times recipe someone passed on to me today. Haven't tried it, but it sounds good.

Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette
Makes 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium red onion, diced
  • 1/3 cup vinegar (red or white wine, sherry or apple cider)
  • 1 to 2 garlic cloves, to taste, minced or pureed
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon Hellmann’s or Best Foods Mayonnaise (optional)
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered if small, cut in large dice if large
  • 4 stalks celery, diced or sliced
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Optional: 2 or 3 hard-cooked eggs, diced
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, olive oil, yogurt and mayonnaise (if using).
  2. Place the onion in a bowl, and pour on boiling water to cover.
  3. Drain immediately, rinse with cold water and transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
  4. Steam the potatoes above one inch of boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes until tender.
  5. Remove from the heat, and toss gently with the onion.
  6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  7. Add the remaining ingredients and toss together.
  8. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Notes:
  • This will keep for four to five days in the refrigerator.
  • Nutritional information per serving six servings: 214 calories; 10 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 1 milligram cholesterol; 29 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 81 milligrams sodium (does not include salt added during preparation); 4 grams protein
  • Nutritional information per serving (eight servings): 160 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 1 milligram cholesterol; 22 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 61 milligrams sodium (does not include salt added during preparation); 3 grams protein
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette labradors This is a [url=http:...
It sounds really good, like something that I can fix and have ready for "on the road". Thanks
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette Harborwitch It sounds really goo...
"Place the onion in a bowl, and pour on boiling water to cover." - I've done this step for some salads and salsas and it sure does make a difference in the intensity of the onion.

But, I so love the onion flavor, that I never do it for Roy & me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette labradors This is a [url=http:...
What an interesting recipe, labs. And I like the tip regarding the onion. Never did that before. Thanks for posting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette Mare749 What an interesting ...
This does sound good, I think I'll make a smaller batch of this.
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette farnfam This does sound good...
I've been looking for a different potato salad recipe. I've tried the vinegar ones and don't particularly like that kind, so I'll give this one a try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Creamy Potato Salad With Yogurt Vinaigrette