W had a great time in California, but it sure is nice to be home. I love living in the South. It's warm here, and was 37 at Tahoe when we left!

The only foodie thing we did was stop at the Ferry Building in San Francisco. What a fabulous place! We found the most beautiful fruit, olive oil, sausage, and guanciale. The only stuff that made it home was the pork...we always do carry-on.

Anyway, new camera, so my photos didn't turn out too well in SF, but here's the best one:

[Image: IMG_1193.jpg]

After that, we went to Tahoe and went on the most amazing hikes in Desolation Valley. Here are some of the highlights:

Lake Aloha--it looks like you're on another planet with all of the granite!

[Image: IMG_1433.jpg]

Fallen Leaf Lake and Lake Tahoe from the Tamarack Trail (a trail the Forest Service refuses to maintain).

[Image: FallenLeafandTahoe.jpg]

A typical section of the Tamarack Trail....now you know why they won't maintain it!

[Image: IMG_1490.jpg]

By the way, the trail DOES go straight down, and that's my 79-year-old dad in the photo. He's in great shape, and my fitness role model (I hope I got his good genes, too)!

It was an awesome trip, but it sure was nice to be home and visit with our college students today.

Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! karyn W had a great time i...
Looks great, Karyn. Glad you had such a good time
Cis
Empress for Life
Beautiful, Karyn! I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and, by the way, your Dad looks great-a lot like mine! He's still kayaking and all at his age- I'm also hoping I inherit my parents' genes!

PJ
PJ

Re: Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! pjcooks Beautiful, Karyn! I...
Nice vacation pix! Happy for you. Wish I could say the same about my dad.

Re: Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! HomeCulinarian Nice vacation pix! H...
Oh I love that place in SF!! I make Laura take me down there when I go up and see her...well I drive she has to get me there

I want your dad's secret! Wow!!!

Re: Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! DFen911 Oh I love that place...
I know what you mean about the genes! My mother looks more like my sister....LOL!

What great pics, Karyn! I hope to visit the West Coast one day....that is my dream!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! DFen911 Oh I love that place...
Wonderfu Pictures! THank you so much for sharing! Looks like it was a fun vacation. I'd love to go to a market like that.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
I'm so glad you got to the Ferry Terminal! It's our favorite place in SF.

My ex and his boys used to do a lot of backpacking and camping at Fallen Leaf Lake. It's so beautiful up there. Your Dad is amazing! That's a rugged trail.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! Harborwitch I'm so glad you got ...
Beautiful photos! And your dad is truly amazing. He looks about 45 years old to me. Glad your trip was fun and you were able to show us a few sights.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos! chef_Tab Beautiful photos! An...
Oh my gosh, Karen, I have almost the same picture of the lake from one of our trips - I was always going to enlarge it!!
[Image: FallenLeafandTahoe.jpg]
I love this picture!!!

What fun you must have had.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Completely OT - We're home and I can post photos!