Geeze! I never knew how difficult this could be. Trying to get help during harvest season is hard, they're happy to help when the weather sucks! Then try to work in the wind and the rain.

It's done! The water system on the farm is drained, the tin is back up around the east side of the mobile. All of our stuff is in storage or the trailer, or in the motorhome somehow.

We found someone who could use our bedroom set - they came yesterday am and Bob had to help them load it out of the mobile home. Cousin Timmy & Renae took away boxes and bags of food, spices, canned stuff, and a cooler full of frozen food and misc. stuff from the fridge. Cousin Roy took a cooler full of frozen food and one of jams, jellies, hot sauces, etc.

Bob's going to disconnect us and we're about ready to roll. We'll drive a long long day today to get as far as we can so we should get to Jean's tomorrow afternoon. We might just "boondock" tonight so we don't have to set up everything.

D@mn I'm ready for this - off to shower and non skid on last thing.

I'll keep in touch.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Hitting the road - at last! Harborwitch Geeze! I never knew...
How exciting to have this day finally arrive! Have a wonderful adventure. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Re: Hitting the road - at last! karyn How exciting to have...
Maybe I missed it, but did you ever tell us how those awful people reacted when you told them you guys were "outa here"??
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Hitting the road - at last! farnfam Maybe I missed it, b...
Safe trip, Sharon & Bob - the latchkey's out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hitting the road - at last! cjs Safe trip, Sharon & ...
Safe travels, Sharon and Bob! We're off today as well. I probably won't be back on until tomorrow night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Hitting the road - at last! Gourmet_Mom Safe travels, Sharon...
everybody stay safe!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hitting the road - at last! cjs everybody stay safe!...
Cis they acted like nothing happened - our thought is that they were so drunk they didn't remember. Then they got a little huffy and snotty, still like they didn't know WTH!!!

Bob talked to "him" yesterday to find out how he wanted us to deal with a few things. "He" commented that he and Bob should get together for a few beers! WTH

His family says they've replaced him with us. It was really hard to say goodbye!

We're on the road - behind schedule, but Bob says he'll do whatever it takes to get us there tomorrow - perhaps late afternoon or early evening. Cr@p!

Re: Hitting the road - at last! Harborwitch Cis they acted like ...
We'll be here whenever, don't rush!!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hitting the road - at last! cjs We'll be here whenev...
We're in Montana! This is such beautiful country!

So far everyone, including the cat, is doing great. We bought the cat a little "bed" and velcroed it on the dash since he kept trying to get up there (and it's hard plastic) so . . . of course he wants nothing to do with it! Dingbat cat.
Hitting the road - at last!