Well today is the day and it's been a very tough week for me. Today's luncheon almost didn't happen again. I hurt my back in the beginning of the week (Monday), but I didn't realize it until later on Tuesday. I haven't been able to do much sitting or standing before it really hurts. So I almost called this whole thing off. I am feeling better, so I didn't.

Then yesterday hubby got 4 free tickets to the Twins game at the new stadium! I am so bummed out. I just couldn't cancel the lunch. So hubby is taking his parents and our son Joe to the game. That leaves my mom, her former, me and Maggie for the lunch. It should be quiet and conducive to a secret revealing lunch. I hope.

I haven't been able to do much, so I went grocery shopping this morning at 4:15 a.m. I am making that turkey soup so I thought I would just get a breast and roast it. Well, the breast was 3.99/lb then I checked the whole bird and it was 1.38/lb. So I put the turkey in the oven at 5:30 a.m. and will do a bit of picking up now.

I will keep you all posted, however, I may not be able to post until tomorrow... But I will as soon as I can.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Today is the day - really tough week luvnit Well today is the da...
Bless your heart, Laura. Don't worry about us. Just get this thing over with and lie back down. No wonder you've been MIA this week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Today is the day - really tough week luvnit Well today is the da...
You're like the energizer bunny or is that a Timex watch - "takes a licking and keeps on ticking!"?

Good luck with the luncheon. After it's over get off your feet and get a good rest.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Today is the day - really tough week Harborwitch You're like the ener...
Hang in there, Laura! I'm sending happy thoughts your way that all goes well.

Re: Today is the day - really tough week karyn Hang in there, Laura...
Whew, what a week, Laura!! It's almost over and then you can relax, I hope.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Today is the day - really tough week cjs Whew, what a week, L...
Jean... Whew is right! Well I am really glad I didn't decide to nix the whole thing, OR decide to go to the baseball game. I was a nice afternoon and it was at all awkward.

I won't bore you all with be blow-by-blow I will just get to point. We had a lovely conversation, talking about 'old' times and the people back then. Later they went for a walk and it turns out he wanted to tell my mom that he was sorry for what a poor excuse for a husband he was, etc. My mom said, hey, I was 19, you were 17, we were young and I forgave you a long time ago.

That was it really. We looked at some old photos of everyone and it was very good.
Laura

Re: Today is the day - really tough week luvnit Jean... Whew is righ...
Well, that was really anti-climactic, now wasn't it...LOL! Oh well, it was a really sweet thing to do, though. It makes you wonder how long that has been weighing on his mind....possibly a long time.

A few years ago, just before my brother died, he apologized for hitting me in the head with a baseball bat back when I was FIVE! When I laughed and admitted my own part in that disaster, he couldn't believe it. He had been feeling guilty all those years.
Daphne

Re: Today is the day - really tough week Gourmet_Mom Well, that was reall...
Yes Daphne, you are right... LOL... but it was not as anti-climatic here. His arrival... is there tension... what is his motivation... then when he asked for the 'walk'... my thought was 'is he gonna try to kiss her'... she thought the same thing... I guess my shortened version is very anti-climactic.

Overall though anti-climactic is nice.

Laura

Re: Today is the day - really tough week luvnit Yes Daphne, you are ...
Oh, I figured the time before the reveal would be very dramatic. I would have been beside myself.
Daphne

Re: Today is the day - really tough week Gourmet_Mom Oh, I figured the ti...
Romantic that I am, I don't think its anti-climatic at all - I think its very sweet and meaningful that this has bothered him for quite some time. Good for him that he had the balls to see it thru.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Today is the day - really tough week